• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap 1u server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn that is nice, I'm low on cash but tempted.

Anyone order from here before? Only 5 resellerrating reviews and all are at least 4 years old.

Ya i have and they are good,one of the cpu cooling fans was bad,and they sent me 2 new sinks and fans for free.

I have an 8' rack that's empty. If I didn't just buy a new car I'd have to pull out the card on a few of these if the site is legit.. dang..

Too bad these things are ddr 1 ecc..... sure is tempting

Shouldn't be much of an issue, namely because this couldn't be much more than a very low end file server or domain controller anyway... I would want more than 2GB for any app server, especially if using SQL. Additional bandwidth is about all you would get from DDR1 to DDR2/3. I'm using DDR1 in my home server /PC and it runs like a champ, and it's only a tad slower gaming than my DDR2 main desktop with more processing power (supposedly). Certain apps, especially those with robust databases, would benefit from having more bandwidth and would likely require more RAM to run well anyway.

i picked up some dual core 280's on ebay and they run no problem.Also the description says a 350 watt psu,but i got a 400.Ram is also cheap on ebay for these,I'm running 6gb now.I might pick up another for the case and psu and toss a atom setup in there.

Shouldn't be much of an issue, namely because this couldn't be much more than a very low end file server or domain controller anyway... I would want more than 2GB for any app server, especially if using SQL. Additional bandwidth is about all you would get from DDR1 to DDR2/3. I'm using DDR1 in my home server /PC and it runs like a champ, and it's only a tad slower gaming than my DDR2 main desktop with more processing power (supposedly). Certain apps, especially those with robust databases, would benefit from having more bandwidth and would likely require more RAM to run well anyway.

If I bought one Id purchase it to use as a VMWare server for testing/dev. Generally speaking for what I'm doing its the quantity of memory that's needed so multiple test clients can be running at the same time. My beef really with DDR I isn't the bandwidth as much as it is with the cost for new DDR I. I know I can purchase used DDR I ECC memory but I'm a bit leery when it comes to used server memory. Though I may just be a little paranoid ;).

If I bought one Id purchase it to use as a VMWare server for testing/dev. Generally speaking for what I'm doing its the quantity of memory that's needed so multiple test clients can be running at the same time. My beef really with DDR I isn't the bandwidth as much as it is with the cost for new DDR I. I know I can purchase used DDR I ECC memory but I'm a bit leery when it comes to used server memory. Though I may just be a little paranoid ;).

VMWare, with enough RAM, should run like a champ. :)

Back