• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BF must have jets and all kinds of A/C. Otherwise you lose all hope of realism.

Hell I want ships back too, and subs...remember pounding with the battleship?

there are plenty of games suited to groundpounders.

BF must have jets and all kinds of A/C. Otherwise you lose all hope of realism.

Hell I want ships back too, and subs...remember pounding with the battleship?

And making it sink! Killing all the swimmers afterward! ;)

there are plenty of games suited to groundpounders.

Yes and they all use extremely small square maps or skinny and linear rectangle maps. Zero room for strategy except, spawn and run for anywhere from 2-10 secs before you get killed. BF2's Infantry Only addition helped keep the game going IMO (along with a few nice mods). It satisfied those of us who didn't like standing in line for a vehicle, getting pounded from commander artillery all day long and getting chopper/jet raped all day long.

And making it sink! Killing all the swimmers afterward! ;)

Yes and they all use extremely small square maps or skinny and linear rectangle maps. Zero room for strategy except, spawn and run for anywhere from 2-10 secs before you get killed. BF2's Infantry Only addition helped keep the game going IMO (along with a few nice mods). It satisfied those of us who didn't like standing in line for a vehicle, getting pounded from commander artillery all day long and getting chopper/jet raped all day long.

See thats realism, though. ask Libyas guys what its like to get jet raped while in a tank or on the ground!...thats what happens if you dont have Air Superiority.

When both teams have good pilots, they fight each other and rarely have time to hit ground targets.

No, there ARE problems. In BFBC2 normal, being shot in the face is completely survivable.

My Spas-12

spas12.gif

Thinks otherwise

I'd love to try recon, but I can't seem to kill anyone. lol I hit them a couple of times or miss. Is there a secret to this? Any tips would be greatly appreciate. Yes, I'll be using the starter sniper rifle since I haven't leveled it at all.

Thanks in advance.
Bad Company 2 - Enigma's Recon 101 Training Video

And BTW, he plays on normal

Last edited:
I just started my first build after seeing the bf3 videos.Do you guys think the 6970 will be enough to handle this game?

I cant wait to deply and LMG on almost every surface.
I love using LMGs but hate the fact that in most games the bipod is useless and the LMG acts like a big and clunky assault rifle.
Now I will be able to use it properly as a suppressing and squad support weapon :D :D :D

I just started my first build after seeing the bf3 videos.Do you guys think the 6970 will be enough to handle this game?

I would think any top line card...

GTX 570, GTX 580
or
HD6950 or HD6970

Either of those cards should be handle the game no issues. If SLI/Crossfire will help out. Maybe it might be the next Crysis in the PC world :)

Then again its being designed specifically for DX11 so hopefully it will be a refined engine to take full advantage of its features.

I hope my system plays max detail, but med AA settings

q6600 3.4ghz
4gigs ram 1066
p35 mobo
8800gts now, will become 560ti around x-mas when I hope the 560 is lower in price and when this game comes out.

What do you think?

I love using LMGs but hate the fact that in most games the bipod is useless and the LMG acts like a big and clunky assault rifle.
Now I will be able to use it properly as a suppressing and squad support weapon :D :D :D

YES!!!!!!

Uh bf2?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/3...isode-iii-get-that-wire-cut?objectid=14209865

new video ??

SOOo sick at the end the character looks up and is just getting rained on with shells ....Agggrhhh, this is going to be so sick.

I was planning on upgrading for this game, any one know if 2x 5850's should be able to max this crap out ?

Yeah that final scene with the heli was amazing. Also I think that that setup should handle the game fine, I think my 5970 should be enough power as well. It looks like the engine will be heavily optimized, so hopefully its not an issue.

OP edited with new vids.

I hope my system plays max detail, but med AA settings

q6600 3.4ghz
4gigs ram 1066
p35 mobo
8800gts now, will become 560ti around x-mas when I hope the 560 is lower in price and when this game comes out.

What do you think?

Not sure how the 560 will handle it, I would assume it could max it out but at around +30fps. When you plan on upgrading I am sure there will be better cards on the market.

Also I have a feeling this game will be very cpu intensive just as BC2 was, so that q6600 might hold you back unless you can pull a bit more out of that overclock. As a reference, overclocks on an i7920 from 3.0gHz to 3.6gHz gave a total increase of 25fps average in BC2.

this is what AA3 should have looked like. I hope they make it like in that 3rd video, when you jump from high places you have to brace yourself. It added a realism in AA2.5 that i liked. kept people from jumping out a window, shooting on the way down, blasting as they land, and blasting as they run for cover, all without any delay.

Last edited:
Back