• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does the scope look a little CODish or is that just me ?

Yes, the fact that the ACOG has painted/etched cross hairs is incorrect(depending on the scope that is). The reticle should actually be a laser similar to whats in BC2. It's definitely more realistic than COD acog though.

I cant wait to deply and LMG on almost every surface.
I love using LMGs but hate the fact that in most games the bipod is useless and the LMG acts like a big and clunky assault rifle.
Now I will be able to use it properly as a suppressing and squad support weapon :D :D :D

Mmmmmm no. In BF2, it's dive/drop/roll...dead by a medic. There is no suppression at all. It can only be found in the realism mods.

In BFBC2, the #1 reason people play Medic at all...is because it is an assault rifle with 100-200 rds. It can't be anymore obvious. It was probably the most idiotic kit ever created. As if the medic didn't overshadow everything else in BF2, they decide to give it a weapon they don't have to reload as often! Brilliant!

In BFBC2, the #1 reason people play Medic at all...is because it is an assault rifle with 100-200 rds. It can't be anymore obvious. It was probably the most idiotic kit ever created. As if the medic didn't overshadow everything else in BF2, they decide to give it a weapon they don't have to reload as often! Brilliant!
except that medics don't really dominate in BC2. at least not the ones i pwn.

except that medics don't really dominate in BC2. at least not the ones i pwn.

They did when it first came out. But that has been some what fixed with patches. I still think that the LMG are too accurate with sustained fire. They should only be usable with burst fire. I can't complain to much though the current game is pretty balanced.

I do look forward to using a LMG for what it is made for.

So far it seems DICE is staying true to their words about the PC version being a real PC version. All the trailers so far have been done with the PC version and they even rendered the last video at 60 fps. At least shows that they're aiming to make a proper game.

I'm doubting that anyone with a decent current gen card (like a 560 or equivalent) will need much of an upgrade to run it at near max settings with 60 fps. But it will definitely need a good quad. Probably not required to have an OC'd i7 though, that would cut off a huge amount of customers so I'd be extremely surprised if it becomes a requirement to play at decent settings.

So far it seems DICE is staying true to their words about the PC version being a real PC version. All the trailers so far have been done with the PC version and they even rendered the last video at 60 fps. At least shows that they're aiming to make a proper game.

I'm doubting that anyone with a decent current gen card (like a 560 or equivalent) will need much of an upgrade to run it at near max settings with 60 fps. But it will definitely need a good quad. Probably not required to have an OC'd i7 though, that would cut off a huge amount of customers so I'd be extremely surprised if it becomes a requirement to play at decent settings.

Agreed. Methinks Core2 era cpus are going to suffer. I am noticing it already with BC2 and Rift. But I might change that when the tax refund comes in. ;)

Agreed. Methinks Core2 era cpus are going to suffer. I am noticing it already with BC2 and Rift. But I might change that when the tax refund comes in. ;)

Yeah think they hit the span for there life. I know my i7 will probably be strong for a few more years. I've cut my build times down now just because of other projects going on and with hardware coming out like SSD's giving new life to PC's (because of the faster response & speeds) its going to extend the range of usefulness of CPU's I think for a few extra years.

I am looking forward to playing this in 5760 x 1080

i normally dont play the MP game much since I stink, but I've been playing BFBC2 MP and have been enjoying it. How bad is the hacking there?

no MP ?! AWww man MP is the best part !! i didnt play BF2 but in BC2 i have never had much of a problem with "hacking" but that's not to say they arnt out there. I would assume there are more of them in un-ranked servers or servers that dont use PunkBuster. So just dont play on those kinds of servers.

rumor has it this videos have been recorded using a very very high end machine (quad sli/xfire, etc) so we will have to wait and see. Maybe it will be this generation's crysis where future PCs will be able to run it on 'ultra'.

no MP ?! AWww man MP is the best part !! i didnt play BF2 but in BC2 i have never had much of a problem with "hacking" but that's not to say they arnt out there. I would assume there are more of them in un-ranked servers or servers that dont use PunkBuster. So just dont play on those kinds of servers.

I'm getting more into the MP aspect but when you are new, playing against people that are rank 30 - 50 and have upgraded weapons, it can be a bit frustrating to say the least. I've stuck with it though, so far.

To be honest, the most upgraded weapons really don't make that big of a difference.

With a medic I think the SAW and M60 are two of the best weapons.

Engi: AKS-74U

Recon: the first rifle is actually really good, although I prefer the GOL

Assault: I can partially agree, I think the M416 and the AN-94 (two of the last).

I'm getting more into the MP aspect but when you are new, playing against people that are rank 30 - 50 and have upgraded weapons, it can be a bit frustrating to say the least. I've stuck with it though, so far.

I played the first few months using just the XM8, without evening touching other kits and using only ironsights.

Rank also doesn't mean you're better. ;)

Back