• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_LightRanger

Finally something to redeem themselves with after releasing BF2142...and not to mention the ever so cheeesy BF bad company that still btw is not out for pc :bang head

"According to the article, the game will be set in the modern day (like Battlefield 2), with an emphasis on Middle Eastern settings and support for up to 40 players per team on eight different maps. For the numbers crazy, each of Battlefield 3's two factions will have access to its own assortment of 24 different vehicles and 17 different weapons. The game will also supposedly feature unlockable equipment, customizable characters, and in-game replay functionality. "

The character customization is a great addition. Now if they can only release it when its ready and not send out huge patches..oh not to mention fix the whole punkbuster bologna and connection issues.

BF3 confirmed

BF2142 was awesome imo, well, it was the Northern Strike expansion that made it awesome, best multiplayer game I've played to date, it was just worked out in such a way that it encouraged team play like no other FPS I've played.

I would be all over a proper remake of BF2 with some of the 2142 gameplay elements. Oh, and use CryEngine 3.

It's a shame the BF series has faded, hopefully this will be a return to form.

If its more like BF2 than I would be happy. I didnt like BF2142 at all.
I agree, I did like the Titan mode but I just played when all my buddies were on so that made it fun. Other than that I played BF2 a lot more and absolutely love it.

It really hasn't faded all that much, still a HUGE following and a lot of active servers for both BF2 and BF2142. I still play BF2 on a regular basis but I have to admit it's getting a bit boring and I'm looking forward to BF3! Any insight on a release date yet?

I didnt think Bad Company was bad. Just it wasnt bad company. The infanty *****s should play that while we play the good ol Battlefield.

Really excited to hear this, I loved the hell out of BF2.

well i played all the way through bad company on ps3. Graphics werent too bad, it was the sound effects that were pretty sweet though. I did have a chance to play titan mode on 2142 also and i will say it was a nice addition. I just prefer the modern day stuff as apposed to futuristic.

I hope they do fix some simple things...like climbing out of the water lol. You're a marine, but in BF2 you cant walk up a small incline. I also hope they will add the destructible buildings etc from bad company.

Well COD4 was brought up in the interview....now I hope BF3 is nothing like that game. Running around shooting aimlessly and getting shot through a wall is not my idea of fun.

Remember all the good sniping/hiding spots in BF2? Every vantage point in COD4 had a weakness, sure you can see over everyone but they made sure to put a window behind you so you could get snuck up on.

Well COD4 was brought up in the interview....now I hope BF3 is nothing like that game. Running around shooting aimlessly and getting shot through a wall is not my idea of fun.

Remember all the good sniping/hiding spots in BF2? Every vantage point in COD4 had a weakness, sure you can see over everyone but they made sure to put a window behind you so you could get snuck up on.

I totally agree about the walling part. I really like the strategy aspect of BF2, but I also like the more fast paced action of COD4. I'll most likely get BF3, hopefully it's as good or better then BF2.

Very good point! I stopped playing COD4 after a very short time. There are some spots in BF2 where you snipe and only another sniper will find you. I just started sniping again, been the medic for a long time.

BF2142 was awesome imo, well, it was the Northern Strike expansion that made it awesome, best multiplayer game I've played to date, it was just worked out in such a way that it encouraged team play like no other FPS I've played.

I would be all over a proper remake of BF2 with some of the 2142 gameplay elements. Oh, and use CryEngine 3.

Like you, I loved 2142.
Has anyone played 2142 recently? Is it filled with hackers like BF2?

Since 1942 (for me at least) nothing has really held a candle to the multiplayer of the Battlefield series, Vietnam and 2142 weren't quite up to par but they were still head and shoulders above most of the competition.

Almost every other multiplayer FPS now feels either like a lame twitch and shoot deathmatch (CS:S, COD 4), a poor Battlefield clone (Quake Wars, Star Wars Battlefront), or a pain in the *** (Project Reality, Armed Assault).

I'm very excited for this, I loved BF2 and 1942 before that. Vietnam was pretty crappy.

You havent played the right FPS's then :p

I hope the engine is moddable and allows for a lot.

1943 looks retarded, I dont know why anyone would be stocked for that.

How about no to that statement, seeing as you can't even suggest better. :p

The retarded nature of 1943 I agree with though. :D

why is that about 1943? they are basicly remaking the game that started this series, im looking forward to 1943 and cant wait for it to be released

why is that about 1943? they are basicly remaking the game that started this series, im looking forward to 1943 and cant wait for it to be released

Let's see....there are going to be 3 classes. Infantryman, Rifleman, and scout. All have an AT weapon, all have unlimited ammo and regenning health.

I also think that is retarded.

Bad Company was terrible (Might be good if you are not a PC Gamer) so the only obvious answer to that is make Bad Company 2 haha. I hope BF3 is a real PC game and not watered down for console.

Back