• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Baldur's Gate 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Be awesomeR... use spoiler tags! :rock:

The eye with the slash through it (in the task bar with the smileys) does it for you. Highlight what you want in spoiler then hit that button.

Boom!

Ok... But there's the ruby scepter thing... and there's a crest emblem... if you DON'T use the crest emblem... (click on "spoiler" below for the rest of this post).

...then GIANT, DEADLY, WORLD-SHATTERING WEAPON!

Anyway... I'll go back now and try.
Yeah It is a DEADLY, WORLD-SHATTERING WEAPON! Yet you have 2 choices once you set it off....I thought about the puzzle needed to solve I didn't want to kill eagles and I didn't have anyone with the magic hand to pluck an item out of their nest... and then just said screw it. When I got to the Lathander is when I tried 2 solutions...(One I couldn't figure out , but after 5 or 6 tries I did the other.
Post magically merged:

Be awesomeR... use spoiler tags! :rock:

The eye with the slash through it (in the task bar with the smileys) does it for you. Highlight what you want in spoiler then hit that button.

Boom!
I am not sure these are spoilers as as half of our info isn't going to be seen by 75% of players...and in R's case is usually wrong.:ROFLMAO:

I can't correct it 'cause it WOULD be a spoiler...:eek:

Yeah It is a DEADLY, WORLD-SHATTERING WEAPON! Yet you have 2 choices once you set it off....I thought about the puzzle needed to solve I didn't want to kill eagles and I didn't have anyone with the magic hand to pluck an item out of their nest... and then just said screw it. When I got to the Lathander is when I tried 2 solutions...(One I couldn't figure out , but after 5 or 6 tries I did the other.
Post magically merged:

I am not sure these are spoilers as as half of our info isn't going to be seen by 75% of players...and in R's case is usually wrong.:ROFLMAO:

I can't correct it 'cause it WOULD be a spoiler...:eek:

Hey... I spend 75% of my day FACT-CHECKING and writing seriously intense footnotes and indexes... for MONEY.

So forgive me if I relax a bit amongst the once-upon-a-time overclockers. :p

But I'd like to announce that my new service, RAINLESS PREMIUM, is now available!

All of the self-righteous indignation you've come to expect... but now it's cross-referenced and annotated! (Just between us, though... the RPM... Rainless Premium Monthly plan... is a bit of a ripoff. Save your cash and go with Rainless Premium Annual! :beer:)

That said...

You mentioned you were able to teleport away after getting the Blood Mace thingy. I don't understand how you were able to do that given the impending EXPLOSION... (unless you were able to, somehow, destroy the four things in under 4 turns... Mayble with that level 12 Karlach? My level 5 charaacters could not...)

You make it outside, the map is still flashing red so you CAN'T teleport away... (I don't think it would even work if you turned off the turnbased thing...) you run and jump for your lives and then BOOM.

THEN you can teleport.

Is that what you mean? Or do you just know something I don't know?

(At this point, no one who hasn't played through this whole scenario would have ANY idea what we were talking about...)

Hey... I spend 75% of my day FACT-CHECKING and writing seriously intense footnotes and indexes... for MONEY.

So forgive me if I relax a bit amongst the once-upon-a-time overclockers. :p

But I'd like to announce that my new service, RAINLESS PREMIUM, is now available!

All of the self-righteous indignation you've come to expect... but now it's cross-referenced and annotated! (Just between us, though... the RPM... Rainless Premium Monthly plan... is a bit of a ripoff. Save your cash and go with Rainless Premium Annual! :beer:)

That said...

You mentioned you were able to teleport away after getting the Blood Mace thingy. I don't understand how you were able to do that given the impending EXPLOSION... (unless you were able to, somehow, destroy the four things in under 4 turns... Mayble with that level 12 Karlach? My level 5 charaacters could not...)

You make it outside, the map is still flashing red so you CAN'T teleport away... (I don't think it would even work if you turned off the turnbased thing...) you run and jump for your lives and then BOOM.

THEN you can teleport.

Is that what you mean? Or do you just know something I don't know?

(At this point, no one who hasn't played through this whole scenario would have ANY idea what we were talking about...)
Spoiler...

I tried using feather fall and that didn't work and just blow the place up. So lit it up and my 4 characters didn't have a problem shooting arrows (2 for Karlach, 2 for lazeal, 1 each for Tav and Shadowheart ) and one emitter went down per turn and then you can teleport out. I missed at least 1 shot

Spoiler...

I tried using feather fall and that didn't work and just blow the place up. So lit it up and my 4 characters didn't have a problem shooting arrows (2 for Karlach, 2 for lazeal, 1 each for Tav and Shadowheart ) and one emitter went down per turn and then you can teleport out. I missed at least 1 shot

I would've been happy letting them all DIE for all the trouble they caused me... but I forgot to loot the room ACROSS from the Blood of Lethandar room... so I'm going to go back now. But what *I* did was 1. Disable the forcefield before it could even be raised 2. Set everyone to "Dash" 3. Run a perfect U around the building there's a little ledge there where everyone can survive the jump... No feather fall required. (Well... laezel survived the jump but wound up dying anyway for reasons that I don't understand... I just brought her and my character back after the explosion.

It never even occurred to me that Shadowheart could use a bow. I think she couldn't in the beginning of the game so I just gave up.

Technically Clerics can't use bows/crossbows, you need a sub-specialization like Warpriest (maybe inquisitor/Crusader if memory serves) or start off with a god's blessing like Erastil (Longbows). Not sure if feats work here as well. Interesting to see in-depth stuff like this in the game 👍🏻

Okay so... No spoilers here as long as you don't watch the video...

...but I'm faced with kind of a dilemma.

As I mentioned here earlier... I've just finished up the whole Creche thing... So I could go to the Underdark... right now... and be just a little bit behind where I left off there.

BUT... I just found out this whole thing about how if you screw up i the Creche Lae'Zel gets PERMANENTLY weakened!

Now... that's a LOOOOONG road if I want to take where I am in the Underdark right now and go alllllll the way back to the Creche and do the ENTIRE story there.

I haven't read of any method for fully restoring Lae'Zel. Someone said you could just kill her and bring her back... but she already died and came back in one of my game saves and the debuffs still applied.

So I can either just ACCEPT a weakend Lae'Zel (since it's mostly wisdom and intelligence debuffs and she's not in my party for her brains...) and move on to the Underdark where I basically have just two short side quests to do to bring my main game up to speed with as far as I've gotten so far...

Or I can take my Underdark save... and go allllll the way through the Creche stuff again.

I think everybody is a little further along than me.

I know if you do the Underdark first you wind up doing the Mountainpass later anyway... But MAN... that would really be a LOT to have to redo.

What say ye? What would YOU do?

Okay. I'm already caught up with where I was in the Underdark. Took like TWENTY MINUTES.

...to do EVERYTHING. Including killing Nere.

At some point Lae'Zel got disintegrated. (NO idea how... Somebody randomly threw her into lava during a fight).

I was hoping that might cure her... problem. It did not. I also tried Noblestock... which is supposed to cure EVERY negative status effect.... but this also did nothing.

I'm just going to live with a weakened Lae'Zel. It hasn't really affected her fighting prowess. So I'll just roll with it. If I ever find something to boost her weaknesses (like armor or a necklace or something). Then I'll just use that. In the meantime I've just stopped caring. :D

Twenty minutes to catch-up versus maybe like a week or so made it a no-brainer.

Okay. I'm already caught up with where I was in the Underdark. Took like TWENTY MINUTES.

...to do EVERYTHING. Including killing Nere.

At some point Lae'Zel got disintegrated. (NO idea how... Somebody randomly threw her into lava during a fight).

I was hoping that might cure her... problem. It did not. I also tried Noblestock... which is supposed to cure EVERY negative status effect.... but this also did nothing.

I'm just going to live with a weakened Lae'Zel. It hasn't really affected her fighting prowess. So I'll just roll with it. If I ever find something to boost her weaknesses (like armor or a necklace or something). Then I'll just use that. In the meantime I've just stopped caring. :D

Twenty minutes to catch-up versus maybe like a week or so made it a no-brainer.
What do mean weakened...By some disease or blight ? If so have Shadowheart cast Lesser Restoration on her. Long rest won't do it.

2 things I finally found out...
1) If you click the dice twice they immediately give the result and you don't have to wait.
2) Out of combat you can give any spell the character is capable of out of the spellbook.

So for example if you need someone to see invisible just add it out of the spellbook.

Act 3 while not any larger of a map. Takes longer than 1 and 2 combined...There are so many massive fights and quests....Killing dragons and devils is hard work.:thup:

What do mean weakened...By some disease or blight ? If so have Shadowheart cast Lesser Restoration on her. Long rest won't do it.
:thup:

Nah man... You gotta watch the video I posted above. Basically if you let Lae'Zel sit in the Zaithiesk it wrecks her mind and she has like permanent, incurable brain damage for the rest of the game.

Some people said if you put worms in her skull it might fix her... others said if she died and came back... NONE of that works.

Fortunately Lae'Zel isn't a character who generally needs to think too-much. I just need her to hit things with her giant sword.

As for Shadowheart... I'm having a hard time figuring out how to cast her "Beacon of Hope." I've long-rested and everything yet the spell is always unavailable.

2 things I finally found out...
1) If you click the dice twice they immediately give the result and you don't have to wait.

That's REALLY good to know (although I enjoy the dice roll).

2) Out of combat you can give any spell the character is capable of out of the spellbook.

So for example if you need someone to see invisible just add it out of the spellbook.

Ah... So you don't have to add it to the action menu and do the long rest and whatnot? If you're not in combat you can just cast it?

THAT is ******* GREAT to know!

Finally made it through the Underdark. On the way to Moonrise Tower (they're really dragging this thing out...) Didn't realize that going all the way through the Underdark only brought me to the end of Act 1. (I thought everything BEFORE the Underdark was the end of Act 1...)

I think I'm still only Level 5. But I haven't encountered any great difficulty in combat. The Githyanki were a little tough back when I was level 4... but with the weapons and stuff I have now... nobody's thar big of a deal.

Nah man... You gotta watch the video I posted above. Basically if you let Lae'Zel sit in the Zaithiesk it wrecks her mind and she has like permanent, incurable brain damage for the rest of the game.

Some people said if you put worms in her skull it might fix her... others said if she died and came back... NONE of that works.

Fortunately Lae'Zel isn't a character who generally needs to think too-much. I just need her to hit things with her giant sword.

As for Shadowheart... I'm having a hard time figuring out how to cast her "Beacon of Hope." I've long-rested and everything yet the spell is always unavailable.

That's REALLY good to know (although I enjoy the dice roll).

Ah... So you don't have to add it to the action menu and do the long rest and whatnot? If you're not in combat you can just cast it?

THAT is ******* GREAT to know!

Finally made it through the Underdark. On the way to Moonrise Tower (they're really dragging this thing out...) Didn't realize that going all the way through the Underdark only brought me to the end of Act 1. (I thought everything BEFORE the Underdark was the end of Act 1...)

I think I'm still only Level 5. But I haven't encountered any great difficulty in combat. The Githyanki were a little tough back when I was level 4... but with the weapons and stuff I have now... nobody's thar big of a deal.
I sort of muddle through adding the spell and then preparing it for use...I have done it a few times now but I still don't know the exact steps...You'll have an easier time at it...

Here is a screenshot of my full crew...I'm not a purist this is just way more fun on a game I'll never play again. 11 mates (1 is from whithers )and a couple of left over undead from the Book of Thay (Act 3)

Screenshot 2024-03-03 204913.jpg

New Build (in sig). Obviously the graphics and fps and everything haven't changed dramatically because it's the exact same GPU...

What HAS changed is that the game is a lot more stable and consistent. Load times have improved... and characters used to stutter and drag as they moved across the screen.

Also scrolling across the map used to be painfully slow.

Now the screen just WHIPS by... So I'm guessing that was more CPU dependent. I also noticed the same about Cyberpunk... which used to take FOREVER to load and the menus were quite slow and chunky.

All that has been dealt with now that I have the 12900K.

Back