• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Baldur's Gate 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can any class get a healing spell ? I am rogue archer elf. I don't really understand how Whithers works.

Yeah... Wizards, Mages, Warlocks I think... Hell... You could even give your elf archer a healing spell... You'd probably have to sacrifice one of your archer abilities... There's a certain point (I forget which level...) where you can choose a specialty that belongs to a different class. At that point I think you can choose two or three spells.

Just make one of them healing.

I'm a rogue... but I think I'm an assassin and I chose some of the thief abilities that I was missing as an assassin.

Is this a bug ? Karlach level 12 (Max) at the end of act 1....The others are Level 7. I am in the Creche now at the beginning of Act 2 , but these levels were hit in Act 1.

Screenshot (1).png

Is this a bug ? Karlach level 12 (Max) at the end of act 1....The others are Level 7. I am in the Creche now at the beginning of Act 2 , but these levels were hit in Act 1.

It says you named your rogue "Stab"... That must be some kind of a glitch. I mean... Who DOES that??! :rofl:

Karlach being level 12 makes sense to me. She's supposed to be some kind of badass demon so... makes sense.

I'm sure if I go to my camp I would find her at level 12 as well. (Never used her... which is a shame because she's SO hot... no pun intended.)

Your level is also a bit low for the creche... I think I barely made it out of there alive... (In fact... not exactly sure that I DID make it out of there... I may have just went with another save in the underdark.)

I had to be at least level 10 or 15 at that point. But... by all means... continue your adventure. The enemies probably scale according to your level or something. (In that case... Karlach will come in handy...)

I'm still with the original team of Shadowheart, Lae'zel, and Wizard Gary Oldman.

It says you named your rogue "Stab"... That must be some kind of a glitch. I mean... Who DOES that??! :rofl:

Karlach being level 12 makes sense to me. She's supposed to be some kind of badass demon so... makes sense.

I'm sure if I go to my camp I would find her at level 12 as well. (Never used her... which is a shame because she's SO hot... no pun intended.)

Your level is also a bit low for the creche... I think I barely made it out of there alive... (In fact... not exactly sure that I DID make it out of there... I may have just went with another save in the underdark.)

I had to be at least level 10 or 15 at that point. But... by all means... continue your adventure. The enemies probably scale according to your level or something. (In that case... Karlach will come in handy...)

I'm still with the original team of Shadowheart, Lae'zel, and Wizard Gary Oldman.
The last name is Freely (Stab Freely) I always use that name... :beer: You probably couldn't have reached level 10 (It caps at 12)...There isn't enough XP for it. I did most everything. In Act 1. I only had one fight in the creche...and some minor 2 and 2 fights as I came in the back door...Once in the main area they were no longer hostile ...which makes sense as you couldn't finish the quests...Completed the bare minimum that Lazeal needed grabbed the weapon...(Guiding light) prevented the place from being destroyed and teleported out. I never saw the egg place or much of anything.

Half way thru Act 2 now and I am still only level 8. I am learning the value of AOE spells... Got slaughtered outside of the Last Light protecting Halsin. Changed the party and used oil barrels and AOE to get thru it.... Melee just isn't cutting it. Staying up way too late for this game.

Last edited:
I don't know if the latest patches changed anything, but getting clerics or any other class that hits hard at lower levels + has good healing makes everything much easier/faster. Mages with AOE, wall of fire (or any other wall), and other skills like that help a lot.
I don't know why, but I feel there is not much to do for some classes like bard or rogue, and skill power isn't good enough at lower levels. You can literally skip most classes and make everything on mages/cleric/druid as they have skills to open locks, heal, deal good damage, and everything else. Maybe they become more useful at the highest difficulty level, but at least at two lower, it's like you can pick 2 mage classes and, based on that, do all quests and finish the game in the easy way. It's not like I want to pass the game fast, but maybe I'm expecting more from some classes. Even if some have unique skills or a higher chance of something, then it makes no difference, and somehow, I wish it counted. One example is the mentioned rogue. You can hide/sneak, steal, or do other things like that. However, it changes nothing in the story or quests. You can pick this path and make everything slower/harder or use basic mage skills. The best example of that can be one of the trials (I don't remember what this place was called). I won't write spoilers here, but those who used a mist skill there know what I mean.

I also wish the world was somehow larger and more open space. Once I get good skills and a high enough level, then I end in chapters from which I can't return, and there is nothing to do in some places once you finish the main quests.

It would be great if they followed the idea of earlier Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, releasing multiple expansions with new stories, quests, and everything else. The way they were gathering money for BG3 would say it won't happen ... the way how much money they actually got from selling the BG3 suggests they won't stop, and we may see sequels and expansions (hopefully not short and overpriced DLCs).

Bg3 is certainly no Witcher 3... W3 is way bigger.. a real open world... Better graphics.. and I thought harder... The overall storyline may not have been the best. But all the stories that were interwoven... We're the best ever.

Also with all the voice actors. They couldn't give the main character a voice? Another game where the main character is mute.. I also noticed music from The Witcher 3 in this game. Lots of parts that just reminded me of The Witcher 3.

The last name is Freely (Stab Freely) I always use that name... :beer: You probably couldn't have reached level 10 (It caps at 12)...There isn't enough XP for it. I did most everything. In Act 1. I only had one fight in the creche...and some minor 2 and 2 fights as I came in the back door...Once in the main area they were no longer hostile ...which makes sense as you couldn't finish the quests...Completed the bare minimum that Lazeal needed grabbed the weapon...(Guiding light) prevented the place from being destroyed and teleported out. I never saw the egg place or much of anything.

Half way thru Act 2 now and I am still only level 8. I am learning the value of AOE spells... Got slaughtered outside of the Last Light protecting Halsin. Changed the party and used oil barrels and AOE to get thru it.... Melee just isn't cutting it. Staying up way too late for this game.

The game, you said, that wasn't for you! :rofl:

Yeah... you had a WAY different experience in the Creche than I did! I don't even know what weapon you're talking about.

That's what I mean... Two people can go through the same mission and have vastly different experiences depending on everything that happened before that.

What happened with me in the Creche... was pretty nuts! :D

I mean there were gods and demons and all kinds of crazy **** in there... When I say I barely (or didn't) make it out alive... I meant it!

I'll check what level I'm at in a sec.

The game, you said, that wasn't for you! :rofl:

Yeah... you had a WAY different experience in the Creche than I did! I don't even know what weapon you're talking about.

That's what I mean... Two people can go through the same mission and have vastly different experiences depending on everything that happened before that.

What happened with me in the Creche... was pretty nuts! :D

I mean there were gods and demons and all kinds of crazy **** in there... When I say I barely (or didn't) make it out alive... I meant it!

I'll check what level I'm at in a sec.
How did you get into the cresh? Did you kill the Eagles?

How did you get into the cresh? Did you kill the Eagles?

Are you joking?? WHAT EAGLES?!?! hahahahaha

POSSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT:

There was some crazy old lady that said she belonged to a group of Gethyanki-hating traders in Baldur's Gate. She wanted me to plant some egg that would have genocided the lot of them. Of course we killed the **** out of her instead of doing that. (Just before this was the scene with the Gethyanki dragon rider and all that). So I made my way to the ancient temple that they took over to use for the Creche. They were holding some hobbits or something hostage... I think they killed all of them.

Then they went inside but locked the doors behind them. I jumped down the side of the mountain until I found a hole in the wall. Went through that and I was in.

No eagles ANYWHERE.

Once I was in I let Lae'zel take the lead and everyone assumed me and the rest of our party were just slaves.

Turns out the Gethyaki queen had been lying about a lot of things. This turned into a whoooooole thing.

From there my story might differ from yours dramatically. Don't want to hit you with any ACTUAL spoilers Everything I wrote above is just "**** that happened."

BUT....

ACTUAL SPOILERS NEXT:

The Gethyaki Queen demanded I kill my guardian spirit or whatever. I refused... so we had to fight the entire Gethyaki Creche to get out.

I think this is where I bailed on the mission because I kept getting killed over and over.

Right now (I just checked) my party is all Level 4... FOUR...)

But I think that's because I went back to a much earlier save before the whole Gethyaki thing. (As I said... it might've been before I killed all the Goblins... so I'm probably at a much lower level than where I was...)

I'll go back to the Gethyaki save tonight and see if I can fight my way out. (Tried to teleport out after killing the first half dozen or so Gehyaki on the way out... They wouldn't let me.)

I'll tell you what level I was at during the Creche mission.

Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday.

So it seems I'm level 5 in the Creche.

bg3level5.jpg

I finally finished the mission by killing the captain and her guard and stealing her sword. (If the red sword is the one you were talking about).

You can't teleport out until you leave the Captain of the Guard's office.

Now I suppose I'll return to the Underdark where I've just sort of been putzing around. (Finished a couple of very minor sub-missions.)

Everybody on my team sort of has it in for some guy named True Soul Nere... Maybe he was a part of the story earlier... I can't remember. But he's DEFINITELY going to die now!

EDIT: Also... I only just remembered that Earthdog or someone had recommended limiting my fps to 30fps back when it seemed like my computer would explode! So I've been playing at 30fps this whole time! I've often said that I couldn't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps... but now I can DEFINITELY tell the difference! :D

...especially the flames on all the torches...

Last edited:
Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday.

So it seems I'm level 5 in the Creche.

View attachment 365214

I finally finished the mission by killing the captain and her guard and stealing her sword. (If the red sword is the one you were talking about).

You can't teleport out until you leave the Captain of the Guard's office.

Now I suppose I'll return to the Underdark where I've just sort of been putzing around. (Finished a couple of very minor sub-missions.)

Everybody on my team sort of has it in for some guy named True Soul Nere... Maybe he was a part of the story earlier... I can't remember. But he's DEFINITELY going to die now!

EDIT: Also... I only just remembered that Earthdog or someone had recommended limiting my fps to 30fps back when it seemed like my computer would explode! So I've been playing at 30fps this whole time! I've often said that I couldn't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps... but now I can DEFINITELY tell the difference! :D

...especially the flames on all the torches...
If you go back to the room where you met their God (Looks like the room where your screenie was taken)...There is a room off it leading to the way out I took. Which also leads to the Weapon I got. I didn't fight any Creche after this room. Teleported away after. I need a long rest after every fight.

I may go back to clean up...Went back to the Grimforge in the underdark since I had a convenient waypoint. I stopped at 2am last night before finishing the mausoleum ...Needed a long rest badly before ending those quests..Odd the game tells you to finish up Act one Twice in two load screens leading into Act 2...Yet you can still go back to Act 1 anyways.....:unsure:

I tried out the Mod that allows you to have as many (16) party members. It's buggy tho. I went into fights and my whole party was dropped. I was stuck alone. I think it did work in the Grimforge tho. I had to build a party that did bludgeoning damage.....It's funny how Lazeal proves her love to....(Happened after my last long rest.)

It is fun having extra members like Wyyl and Gale who I leave behind have conversations and I added an NPC from Whithers to get the achievement for a total of 7...Not enough equipment for them tho.

Last edited:
If you go back to the room where you met their God (Looks like the room where your screenie was taken)...There is a room off it leading to the way out I took. Which also leads to the Weapon I got. I didn't fight any Creche after this room. Teleported away after. I need a long rest after every fight.

I may go back to clean up...Went back to the Grimforge in the underdark since I had a convenient waypoint. I stopped at 2am last night before finishing the mausoleum ...Needed a long rest badly before ending those quests..Odd the game tells you to finish up Act one Twice in two load screens leading into Act 2...Yet you can still go back to Act 1 anyways.....:unsure:

I tried out the Mod that allows you to have as many (16) party members. It's buggy tho. I went into fights and my whole party was dropped. I was stuck alone. I think it did work in the Grimforge tho. I had to build a party that did bludgeoning damage.....It's funny how Lazeal proves her love to....(Happened after my last long rest.)

It is fun having extra members like Wyyl and Gale who I leave behind have conversations and I added an NPC from Whithers to get the achievement for a total of 7...Not enough equipment for them tho.

What's the name of the weapon you got?

I'm running two (well... a LOT more than two... but two main) games at the same time. One of them I just escaped the creche and in the other I just killed Nere at Grimforge.

I'm about to merge the two now that I'm out of the Creche. I'll go kill Nere again and do the little side quests I've already done in the other game and then I should be all caught up. (Of course... if I haven't murdered all the Goblins yet... then YEAH... I'll doubleback and do that!)

I'm pretty sure... since you're actually ahead of me now... you can understand why I've barely made any progress at all! :D

It's pretty easy to go back and forth and get stuck and have problems... I'm sure I have over 40 save games by now.

I've been enjoying them all!

Now I have to go back and get this weapon you've been talking about!

What's the name of the weapon you got?

I'm running two (well... a LOT more than two... but two main) games at the same time. One of them I just escaped the creche and in the other I just killed Nere at Grimforge.

I'm about to merge the two now that I'm out of the Creche. I'll go kill Nere again and do the little side quests I've already done in the other game and then I should be all caught up. (Of course... if I haven't murdered all the Goblins yet... then YEAH... I'll doubleback and do that!)

I'm pretty sure... since you're actually ahead of me now... you can understand why I've barely made any progress at all! :D

It's pretty easy to go back and forth and get stuck and have problems... I'm sure I have over 40 save games by now.

I've been enjoying them all!

Now I have to go back and get this weapon you've been talking about!
The Blood of Lathander...Still using it on my Rogue into Act 3 ...which opens with a bang...I'll finish this week but it's not really my cup of tea. Too much fantasy nonsense. I'll be finally getting back to starfield after this and find out if the last patch fixed my unable to save issue. I enjoy FPS's more than this turn based stuff...Tho admittedly it's more fun having 9 NPC's in the party (10 counting me).

Also after 2 ACT there really isn't much I missed and like BoTW and ToTK I would never play this twice. Both of those games were more fun then this.

Last edited:
The Blood of Lathander...Still using it on my Rogue into Act 3 ...which opens with a bang...I'll finish this week but it's not really my cup of tea. Too much fantasy nonsense. I'll be finally getting back to starfield after this and find out if the last patch fixed my unable to save issue. I enjoy FPS's more than this turn based stuff...Tho admittedly it's more fun having 9 NPC's in the party (10 counting me).

Also after 2 ACT there really isn't much I missed and like BoTW and ToTK I would never play this twice. Both of those games were more fun then this.

That said... You've made it much further than I have! hahahaha :D (Maybe because you're having less fun...)

But what you've just described is EXACTLY how I felt about Diablo IV. (In fact... I felt much worse about Diablo IV.) After playing through all of Diablo II Remastered just before I started... I felt CHEATED by Diablo IV.

It ran like garbage on my old system (despite not being all that impressive to look at...) And my Necromancer was far less powerful than the one I had in Diablo II... mainly because you had far less assignable buttons in Diablo IV than you had in Diablo II...

I was, quite frankly, APPALLED...

I mean... you couldn't even get a good set of spells going. You were always one or two spells short of what you needed. It was pathetic! Like "Okay... I can summon my skeletons and skeletal mages but I can't summon the Golem, too??!" "I have to replace the Golem with one of my curses if I want to use curses at all??!"

Stupid stuff like that. (BTW... What's "TOTK"??)

I'm still at the save where I just left the Creche. Now I'll go right back in and get that sword (then I'll see if there are any goblins still alive...)

In the original Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II... I think you had larger parties... Like 5 or 6 or something. I could be mistaken... this was like a decade ago.

I always enjoyed turn-based stuff... Especially Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea.

That said... You've made it much further than I have! hahahaha :D (Maybe because you're having less fun...)

But what you've just described is EXACTLY how I felt about Diablo IV. (In fact... I felt much worse about Diablo IV.) After playing through all of Diablo II Remastered just before I started... I felt CHEATED by Diablo IV.

It ran like garbage on my old system (despite not being all that impressive to look at...) And my Necromancer was far less powerful than the one I had in Diablo II... mainly because you had far less assignable buttons in Diablo IV than you had in Diablo II...

I was, quite frankly, APPALLED...

I mean... you couldn't even get a good set of spells going. You were always one or two spells short of what you needed. It was pathetic! Like "Okay... I can summon my skeletons and skeletal mages but I can't summon the Golem, too??!" "I have to replace the Golem with one of my curses if I want to use curses at all??!"

Stupid stuff like that. (BTW... What's "TOTK"??)

I'm still at the save where I just left the Creche. Now I'll go right back in and get that sword (then I'll see if there are any goblins still alive...)

In the original Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II... I think you had larger parties... Like 5 or 6 or something. I could be mistaken... this was like a decade ago.

I always enjoyed turn-based stuff... Especially Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea.
TotK... Tears of the Kingdom

I did enjoy DA but that was a long time ago... Maybe I just got old.

Post magically merged:

This game sounds great. Does it have a campaign mode?
Its Single player so it is a campaign... If we define campaign the same.

TotK... Tears of the Kingdom

I did enjoy DA but that was a long time ago... Maybe I just got old.

Post magically merged:

Its Single player so it is a campaign... If we define campaign the same.

Actually... it has 2-4 player co-op multiplayer. https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-multiplayer-co-op-guide/

And you didn't tell me this sword thing was a QUEST! hahahaha :D

...you made it seem like I could just run down there and grab the thing...

Now I've gotta go over hill and dale to get this damned sword! :beer:

You can skip the quest it's not needed.

Ok... But there's the ruby scepter thing... and there's a crest emblem... if you DON'T use the crest emblem... (click on "spoiler" below for the rest of this post).

...then GIANT, DEADLY, WORLD-SHATTERING WEAPON!

Anyway... I'll go back now and try.

Last edited:
Back