• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Join the "\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
holy hell.. i would LOVE to do something like that .. but i have approximately 0 modding skills. Thats beautiful!

And here is the epic follow up (which was finished a while ago, but I forgot to post here :-/

I just finished a build I've been working on for a customer. He requested a system to fulfill these requirements.
  • small
  • lightweight
  • very powerful
  • unique
  • cutting edge gaming performance

If you like what you see here, be sure to check out the full build log for details :)

This is what the layout looks like prior to putting in the optical drive tray....it's a really tight squeeze!

MAX11Lv3122.jpg

Mother of god.. please add a stamp to your sig :D

So what grade of quality can i find in the SilverStone power supplies? like the case im looking at has a 600w 80+ Bronze certified PSU. would it be worth it to put out the extra hundred bucks to replace it? (assuming i dont care for modular)

No, don't replace it....they are good quality, and they are a bit shorter than standard, so whatever aftermarket unit you're looking at probably won't fit anyway.

Sir, that thing plays in another league. :drool:

Not as awesome as your Lv3, though! That thing is the sickest mITX gaming build I've ever seen.

Can't wait for your next project. What will it be?

Whew, bet that thing gets toasty with the 690 exhausting inside. Beautiful little machine though!

I waited a while before I posted my rig, hoping that I wouldn't have to follow ^^ that gorgeous work of art... :chair:

But since no one bit, I guess I'll suck it up and post my humble creation. Is this L33T enough?

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

^ This is what I had before I built my current rig. It's a Dell Inspiron 546 transplanted to my Arc Mini case.

IMG_1273.JPG

I haven't cut out a window on the side of the case yet, so the wires don't bother me too much at the moment. Also, the SATA and molex connectors wouldn't fit easily behind the motherboard without the side panel bulging out :(

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

That's a solid looking little build there. If you put the HDD tray back in, you should be able to put your drives there and hide the cables behind it. :)

That's a solid looking little build there. If you put the HDD tray back in, you should be able to put your drives there and hide the cables behind it. :)

I've thought about replacing the HDD trays, but my room can get pretty warm, so I wanted as much airflow as possible through the case. Plus, when my funds allow, I plan on getting a modular PSU and sleeving/extending all the cables that need it. Watercooling is also in this rig's future, and the trays would have to come back out once I started putting my loop together.

Maybe I'll try hiding the cables again and I'll reapply for the club. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. :)

Oh, I have no control over the club, don't take my advice as anything other then that!

This thread inspired me. I'm getting a SFF build together for the front page, which will consist of a 3570K, an EVGA mITX board and a Bitfenix Prodigy. I'll post it when done of course, I just thought I'd say thanks for the inspiration. :)

Back