• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P2P Programs Slow as hell?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Every p2p file sharing program I have used is always incredibly slow like 2-3 kb/s! They went and closed Audio Galaxy and now I am forced to use Kazaa which is really slow. Anyone else have this problem? Some people upload from me at like 100 kb/s wtf is that all about...

kazaa just sucks, i use it cause its hard to get a lot of stuff otherwise but i still loathe it :D btw get 'Kazaa Lite' no popup spyware stuff....its really nice.

Bandwith limitations? I know that with WinMX, you can set how fast people can get stuff from you, and that they can set how fast you get stuff from them. It might be somthing similar (though I've never used Kazza...)

JigPu

Demont said:
kazaa just sucks, i use it cause its hard to get a lot of stuff otherwise but i still loathe it :D btw get 'Kazaa Lite' no popup spyware stuff....its really nice.

I'd have to agree on this. Kazaa lite is the best at the moment. Easy to use and lots of sources.

Kazaa really has a suck *** music selection except for the music you hear on MTV or the radio (who cares).

for me kazaa personally works great i get speed up to 85 k/bs but i use cable internet so your isp has a lot to do with how much bandwidth you can get.

not really, i have a good connection too, everyone else on kazaa doesnt though, and that is the problem

Demont said:
not really, i have a good connection too, everyone else on kazaa doesnt though, and that is the problem

Exactly, sometimes I will get a great connection like 80-100 kb/s. Unfortunately this is rare :(

I also got a bad feeling about WinMX and Kazaa. Since so many have changed over from AG to either WinMX or Kazaa they might be in for the same fate.

Last edited:
Back