• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mad temps on 8K3A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

Anyone getting mad temps with their 8K3A+? I know that it reads off the internal diode, I'm talking about 98C? That's what I am getting when I boot up and go under health status. WTF? Will a bios update fix this? It never goes over 80F in this room and 98C is around 200F, I think. Should I flash by bios of just not worry about it? It's not o/c'd because I need this computer stable all the time. What should I do? Thanks

Mine has always read high also,from what I can tell it is about 10 degrees off.

Dave, 10C is normal and is actually correct because this board reads off the XP diode which takes readings from the inside of the core so your temps are the most accurate. Also, Spyder, your temps are normal also. I was getting those temps until I shorted out my power supply. I'll ask in Cases & Power Supplies then I will post back here. Also on AMDs website, they said the max operating temperature of all XPs is 90C. Now mine is 98C, so this chip should've died already. I don't know if I should trust the readings.

Ok see I didnt know that,so that makes sence.
Mine runs about 50 to 52 degrees C running seti,how hot is too hot,and do I need to be worried about this?
I have seen it as high as 60C.

I stopped folding for a while until I find out my real temps, and also because it is summer so the temps went up a lot. I wouldn't leave it over 50C for an extended period of time.

Im also running 52*c running F@H, its perfectly safe to run at 70*c for long periods.
I also run 2.2v at 1800mhz.

As you pass 80*c and head for 90 your getting a bit toasty.
(all reading the XP diode of course)

Mike ... it sounds like you have incorrectly setup MM5 (or your about to fry your CPU)
With an XP you want the winbond P2 diode (or just winbond diode 2 on later MM5)

I have it on Winbond 2. I am getting 111C right now. Also, in the bios health status is says 98C. It will not let me select WinBond P2-Diode. When I click on WinBond P2-Diode it automatically goes back to None.

Your to be using Winbond 2 P2-Diode in MBM. If your using Winbond 2 then this is why the reported temps are so high. Very simple test boot into bios and check your temps. You will see they are the same if you use Winbond 2 P2-Diode.

Back