• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Asus A7v333 with 2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Staedtler

Hey ! I've a a7v333 with a Amd XP 2000+ and i don't seem to be able to overclock it.
When i push the FSB to 140 and it doens't even reach windows or at least the begining of it. The max i reached so far was 137, and i get 1712 Mhz ! I also tried to change the Vcore from default (1.750) to 18.50 (max) and even tried to change the jumper and got 2.09 but it still dind't work. I also overclocked the Mem's ( 2 Nanya 256 DDR MEM) but it ain't work either !

I could use some help, so if anyone can answer me plz reply to this post ! :) thkx

AMD XP 2000+
Asus A7v333
2x Nanya DDDr 256 pc 2700
V7+
Maxtor Hd 80gb ATA 133
MSI Ge Force 4 ti 4400
Chieftec DX-01WD (modded) w/ 4 80mm Fans & 1 120mm
Liteon 40x CDRW
LG DVD 16x

What are your load and idle temps like? Does it run stabily at stock speed (try prime95 to test it, even if it doesn't crash)? Also, be careful with the voltage, you could do serious damage to your CPU if you don't have the right cooling, especially once you get over 1.85. After all, a stock speed cpu is better than a keychain, no? Its possible that your cpu just isn't able to run much faster than stock. Also, there could be some device in your system that doesn't like running out of spec on the pci bus, although you haven't really pushed it that far. Goo luck, and hope this helps.

Back