• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking mobo <--Noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maimuta

Thanks in advanced for any feedback or help, i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to overclocking, so any help is greatly appreciated. Here's my computer parts:

Asus m2n32-Sli Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core processor 5200+ running at 2.6 GHZ
Epsilon fx700-GLN 700W powersupply
EVGA GeForce 8800GT 256 MB Video Card
2GB Patriot Memory PC2 6400 (Could be wrong, but it's something like that)
Windows XP 32 bit

My case has a lot of airflow, and it tends to stay pretty cool in my room, so overheating shouldn't be to big of a problem. My CPU and Motherboard are usually around 26-32 degrees C according to pc probe II. I haven't touched AI booster, because i've read if you overclock on it and your motherboard it will **** things up.

I've looked into my motherboards bios for overclocking options, but I really didn't know where to begin, and I didn't want to change anything, just to be safe. So I was wondering what the best way to overclock my motherboard would be, and what options to change to see the best performance increase without overheating/killing my motherboard or cpu. Thanks again for any help!

Back