• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help my to jump my A7V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boriss

Registered
When i unlocked my 900 thunderbird i cant go faster than 1GHZ and i cant get the fsb in the bios higher than 120, when i try 121 my pc wont boot and it has many high frequency beeps i dont no WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP ME

PLEASE HELP ME

is that board A7V or A7V133? there's a difference, the high frequency beeps are described in the mobo manual as when a CPU is overheating, in ur case, I think its just the CPU can't take anymore, try to drop the multi to 7 and run it at 133 (if its A7V133). and see what happens, it also can mean that you RAM can't handle the high speeds, what is it? Is it PC-100 or PC-133? You may want to set a lower timing setting for the memory to be sure the mem is not the one that's holding u back

It is an a7v (jumperfree PC 133, 200mhz fsb) and ive got 3 * 256 pc 133 but how do i decrease the timing of my memory.

Consider yourself to be the most lucky KT133 chipset owner in the world those old KT133 rarely went upto 115MHz, FSB and to get 120MHz out of it, u should be impressed! The KT133 really suck for FSB OCing, so I think you should go with 120 x 8 = 960 you'll get nice performance on the mem bandwidth

It is just the limitation of the chipset itself, its not CPU related, the KT133 were not the best chipset around, the KT133A on the other hand gave a really great boost to AMD FSB O/Cing, my mobo which is the A7V133 can go in theory upto 200MHz, but I'll be limited by the PCI & AGP dividers because there's only 1/4 max divider, so I can't go higher, my cards would be the ones holding me back, in your case it also could be a PCI card or a vid card that's holding u back, try removing every card from the PC except the vid card and try 121, if its a no go, then you are propably stuck. And reaching these FSB speeds with a KT133 is nothing really to complain about, your only option would be to upgrade the motherboard, and prolly the mem as well to some nice DDR board

Hello The Coolest

Thank you very much for the help i vill consider what you said about upgrade my computer what can you offer me to by at this time i like asus but if there some other good boards thats easy to overclock i like to know some names and some memory names and some cpu names.

Back