• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird BIOS problem with KX7-333R....please help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Continuum83

Registered
hello,

i just got my new system:

abit kx7-333
amd athlon xp 2000+
512MB DDR-2700
Gainward G-Force4 Ti 4600
Hecules Gaming Theater XP 6.1

- ok this is what is happening... i just finished putting it together and when i turn it on for the first time the first strange occurence i get is that it says my processor is a 1250 Mhz ???!!! it registers the RAM fine and detects my HDD, DVD, and CD-R... then it gives me a checksum error and I go into the BIOS to change the time/date and when i hit 'save and exit', 'y', the computer reboots, but just sits there and does nothing, i just get my monitor with an orange light instead of green, like the computer is turned off... but its still on... and when i give it a cold shutdown and turn it back on it just does the same thing...sits there like its not even on... the only way i can get the computer to do anything is if i clear the CMOS and boot it back up... then the cycle repeats... however if i dont go into the BIOS, by hitting F1 instead of DEL, after the checksum error, the computer continues on its merry way as 'normal' ... though it still sees my proc as a 1250... when it should be like what? 1670 or something?... i didnt want to load an OS yet since the BIOS and proc stuff is weird, please if anyone can help me i would be greatful, thanks...

You need to go into your "Soft Menu", and set the CPU speed to match what you have. I have to do the same thing with my trusty old KT7A after clearing CMOS. It should take care of your problem.

Go to the softmenu in the bios and set your CPU speed to 2000+. If you don't want to run at 133, remember the multiplier and change the CPU speed to manual. Set the multiplier to the default and FSB to 166.

This should get you to your default speed.

Back