• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

ok, i purchase my Ak31 v? from a 14-year-old kid, and according to him, it is a 266A (v 3.1 to be exact), and i checked the sticker on the pci slot, which states the following, "AK31 V3.1" Anyway, just recently, i flashed the board with a performace bios, and i got lots of stability problems.. As a result, i went to Shuttle's home page for the newest v3.1 bios to count the the problems. just then, i discovered that on the board itself, the remark of AK31 V20 is found (on the bottom of most L hand side corner)...what is it? now i am totally confused about whether the board is a 266 or 266A...

Bios has been flashed, dont cannot find anything from there, and no other stickers besides the one i found on the pci slot..I got no clues whatsoever. I tried to email the kid, but no responses yet.

Anyway, i just flashed the board with v3.1's bios, so far so good (10 min). Will report back.

A lot of the v3.1's actually have 2.0 on the pcb. You probably have a 3.1 on your hands, and I wouldn't worry about it. As far as I know, the only way to check for sure is to take the fan off the northbridge and check what chip you have under there. (look at the initial reviews of the 266a chipset at Anandtech or Tomshardware to see what the chip numbers mean.)

I still have mine in the box, with sticker still attached. Under the sticker it has v2, but stickers says v3.1...now on my box it says 266a...I was confused too and posted a thread, the guys informed me that the sticker is correct, and also for the box, and if Im not mistakin the Shuttle site says the serial number has the version number in it?? Mine has AK31a3....and so on.....
Hope this helps

Cheers :beer:
Charlie

Back