• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem Overclocking Abit BH6 with PIII500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D-Type

Hello,

I'm completely new to overclocking and I have a problem trying to overclock the processor on my ABIT BH6 motherboard. It is a Revision 1 board with the latest SS BIOS.

I have two processors to try, a Pentium III 500 and a Pentium II 450, but I can't get either to overclock.

As default, the speed settings are 500(100) or 450(100) for the two processors, but as soon as I modify these settings, it immediately fails after reboot and tells me the CPU has been changed or is damaged, and defaults down to 233(66). I can only get it to boot by changing back to the correct settings.

I have tried modifying the CPU core voltage from 1.3 all the way up to 2.3 (i.e. the full range) but nothing seems to work.

Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong? Everything I've read on the 'net seems to indicate that this is a great PCB for overclocking, but it won't work for me :-(

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,
Phillip Eaton (Virgin Overclocker)

I just found the User Define option for the processor speed selection - it lets you change loads of stuff
Thank's for the tip!

D-Type :)

Back