• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About the t bred 2200+ on newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compexpert

Disabled
I'll be getting a tbred 2200+ soon and i want the best stepping out i heard newegg gives out really good steppings but is this just cuss more people shop thier i dont want to bye a t bred then find out i have the worst stepping and how far do u think ill be able to overclock the tbred with water cooling ? since thats what i use.

Also do i have to update my bios on my Asus a7v 333 board ? to the newest ?

Compexpert said:
I'll be getting a tbred 2200+ soon and i want the best stepping out i heard newegg gives out really good steppings but is this just cuss more people shop thier i dont want to bye a t bred then find out i have the worst stepping and how far do u think ill be able to overclock the tbred with water cooling ? since thats what i use.

Also do i have to update my bios on my Asus a7v 333 board ? to the newest ?

I woud wait until the Barton comes out. Trust me, It comes with 512k L2 cache (which increases the core size, making it run cooler), It will have the Die shrink like the T-bred, and it is supposed to use Hammer optimisations, which is why AMD is making the rating 600+ higher compared to the same mhz used for XP's (1.67 GHZ is 2000 on XP, and 2600 on Barton). Newegg does give the latest steppings available. It has nothing to do with more people shopping there (To my knowledge). If you do get a T-bred, I expect at least 2ghz on watercooling. Good luck!

oh i plan to get the barton as well im ganna get the tbred barton and clawhammer when thier out but for now i was just wonderin if i get somethin from newegg that i wont get that other bad stepping i might just wait till a few more like a 2500+ then well have really good steppings and i see the 2.4 to 2.5 ghz range :)

Compexpert said:
oh i plan to get the barton as well im ganna get the tbred barton and clawhammer when thier out but for now i was just wonderin if i get somethin from newegg that i wont get that other bad stepping i might just wait till a few more like a 2500+ then well have really good steppings and i see the 2.4 to 2.5 ghz range :)

I'd definetly wait until later steppings come out if your getting the Tbred. It took a while for the XP to get good steppings, so I expect likewise for the Tbred. However, I doubt you'll get 2.4 2.5 ghz from any AMD Proc (unless you use sub zero cooling). Look at the AMD roadmap. No Proc goes over 2ghz. The Barton and Hammer are instead getting Larger Caches, Higher FSB's, and Optimizations. I think it's because AMD cannot get the proc to go higher than 2ghz good cooling measures (read: better than what OEM companies use) in place. However, 2.2/2.3 OC'ed seems very possible with later T-breds, and probably the Barton. But only time will tell.

yea i guess ut alked me into it lol but ya know as eveyone does it so darn temptin to get one now cuss all these 2 gig marks im seein

Compexpert said:
yea i guess ut alked me into it lol but ya know as eveyone does it so darn temptin to get one now cuss all these 2 gig marks im seein

I know what you mean, but you just wait, and you'll be able to do a lot better than that.

2 gigs now, or 2.2 gigs later that is optimized.

You already got a 2000+ and I hear you got it near 2G's already, plus you got a 190 FSB. What do you need a tbred for? Don't treat machines like a crack fix, save some money. You'll never notice a difference and all you'll get to do is say, "I hit 2.2 GHz!" to a bunch of people who'll be like, "Nice job!" and that's it. It's not like you're gonna win a prize or something.

--Illah

instead of buying that tbred get some 5.1 digital speakers
:D will be the best thing you invested your money in.

YoungstaxGx said:
instead of buying that tbred get some 5.1 digital speakers
:D will be the best thing you invested your money in.

5.1 speakers? Get a professional home theater or the parhelia and 3 22 inch monitors. Hell, get both! :D

i dont really care if my current 1 will support it cuz i would prolly get a new mobo before i got the chip, i woudl like to be able to if need be use old chips until then or somthing, but i really want to know weatther it is socket A or not:D :eh?: :D

If u do want a 2g+ of tbred bad, import one from japan, they have tbred 2000+ (not 2200+ like here), and people are hitting as high as 2.7g with that baby, check front page for more info.

tainice said:
If u do want a 2g+ of tbred bad, import one from japan, they have tbred 2000+ (not 2200+ like here), and people are hitting as high as 2.7g with that baby, check front page for more info.

um, you smoking crack? or did you do the wrong thing and snort heroine? 2.7 is way out of reach of a t-bred 2200+ even with phase change cooling. so the 2000+ is about as likely to hit 2.7 right now as a hammer is to fall out of the sky and into my hand.

himura-dono said:

um, you smoking crack? or did you do the wrong thing and snort heroine? 2.7 is way out of reach of a t-bred 2200+ even with phase change cooling. so the 2000+ is about as likely to hit 2.7 right now as a hammer is to fall out of the sky and into my hand.

Well, I wouldn't put it that bluntly, but several things prove that statement to be false.

1) a 2200+ can not hit 2.7ghz, but a 2000+ can.

2) AMD will not be producing chips (including hammer) with a mhz higher than 2ghz. Of course, knowing that the public likes ghz, and it also leads to better performance (more speed), AMD would probably like to produce chips with the most mhz possible. Therefore, if an AMD chip could realistically even come close to 2.7 ghz (It would have to, extreme cooling does not make AMD's get over a 1ghz overclock), they probably would produce such a chip

3) If that was possible, we'd all have heard about it by now, and you would see NOBODY heading over to the intel camp, or threatening to. More likely Intel people would come to us.

The bartons will be socket A. I think with a BIOS flash all boards that support XP or T-bred chips SHOULD support them, but don't place any bets until nearer to their release. DDR-400 boards should be out by the time bartons are so you might wanna consider that as well. I think it's safe to say that those boards will support em.

--Illah

Back