• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What printers are the evilest?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

What is the worst most evil printer and what part of Beelzebub crew created them?

My vote goes for Xerox 3615's, not only are the total garbage, when you try to transport them they magically jump out of what your transporting them in. what worse is they dont ever damage them selves to the point of being completely broken so some one inevitability wants to keep it because "well it prints still". To cap it off the driver support is so bad that they stop working for a number of random reasons or no reason, including but not limited to, windows update, time change by 5 minutes, the wind, cows peacefully grazing in a field and more!

I hear the part of the crew that made this is the Un-nameable one, because who the hell calls this such a generic number that when you need to support it you get almost everything except the printer your looking for
like:
3615, 3615, 3615, 3615, and 3615

whats your vote?

Anything Canon..

Otherwise, they've all worked well for me.

EDIT: The evil in printers generally comes from the ink for me... either the carts get run through inredibly quickly, or I don't use it 'fast' enough and it 'expires' and can't be used.

Last edited:
Here's the catch, They're all evil!

Printers have been my bane since the early dot matrix days, setting IRQ addresses.

I currently have a Canon... True story, my wife stopped me in the doorway of the room housing it, 20 lb sledgehammer in hand. I was going to obliterate that son of a _____. She has a ton more patience with printers than me. She is somewhat of a printer whisperer. Then again she speaks abyssal and probably whispers the vilest threats conceivable to it.

I'm not sure if they are the most "evilest", but new HP printers are a pain to set right in the local network. You configure it, and it works well ... but one day it loses connection with computers (even though are on the list), or the scanner doesn't send scans. HP support said it sometimes happens and after Windows updates, sometimes have to reinstall printer software or fix connections, and they don't know what to do about it. Really, old printers work without issues and new HP stuff is losing the connection randomly :confused:

If you have 2Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi under the same SSID that could be part of it, or some security setting. Our office has one "guest" SSID that is visible but still requires a password and when I had a printer on that I literally had to reconfigure it every day that I used it. Since moving it to one of the hidden SSIDs, it has worked just fine.

My printer at home (HP), is always a challenge to connect to. I just gave up and used a USB cable to my PC, and to print from a phone I have like a 50/50 shot.

All computers use cable connection. HP confirmed that their printers just have problems like that (especially after every larger Windows update), and support can't help. No problem with Brother in the same network.
Epson at home is using WiFi and sometimes has problems with the connection. The connection quality is fine for everything, but not for this printer.

My problems experienced with Canon wireless printers were from changing the Network SSID , DNS , or password.
Remove the installed printer from windows devices and reinstall the drivers n application with the "wireless by USB cable method".
Works for me.

Anything Canon..

Otherwise, they've all worked well for me.

EDIT: The evil in printers generally comes from the ink for me... either the carts get run through inredibly quickly, or I don't use it 'fast' enough and it 'expires' and can't be used.

What's wrong with Cannon? Just the ink?

Currently have one of their cheap laserjets (the D560...?) That's been fine.

The one downside being I only grabbed it because they didn't release W10 drivers for my last one until *after* buying the new one...

I've also had network connectivity issues with them and was forced to use a cable (glutton for punishment, and the last three were this way, including the one I have now, a TR4520 - maybe it's the cheap nature of the printers I get from them?).

My complaints on ink transcend brand, lol. Either I feel like it goes too fast, or, it 'expires' and I can't use what's left. :shrug:

I'm thinking my next one will be an Epson with those huge arse ink tanks you fill yourself (the ones Shaq is in the commercials for, lol).

Ah, yeah...

I always just assumed the connectivity issues were due to combining printers and networking. The two big sucks of the computer world.

They all suck.

HP is even worse as they continue to put updates out that stop you from using 3rd party inks. Like Keurig only letting you use their pods.

I still think HP is the only true evil one. Even in my wee years, I've been able to bang at most others to get them to work.

I plug my wireless Canon in first time since October. Prints no effort first time. :shrug: :ROFLMAO:
250 Miles North no doubt. lolol
I bought it under $50 in 2015

Spent hours into days learning that wireless driver by usb cable method tho, gotta say.

I cannot stand inkjet printers. If you use them a lot, the cost per page is high. If you don't use them enough, ink dries out and you buy new ink. Cost per page is way up. I went with an HP AIO color laser years ago. We barely use it but our cost per page remains low as the toner remains good.

2nd vote is for the color Xerox that used the wax tablets. You print enough pages and let them sit until they cool and they would stick together. Plus.... wax?!

Back