• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked Duron but a strange prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuerkampf

I just unlocked my Duron, but I have a strange problem. After unlocking it I decided to start at 9x133 which would give me 1197mhz. I did this and I got into windows and everything was very unstable, crashes, memory errors. So I restarted and played around with it. Now whenever I set the FSB to 133 and save and exit the Bios it switches back to Hardware detect and 100mhz. There is a jumper on the motherboard to select between 100 and 133 FSB but when I select 133 the board refuses to post. So my question is WTF is up with this? Have I missed something or am I victim of some strange problem.

which chipset is in that MB ? on my fic MB with kt133 chipset there is a 100/133 jumper but you cant actually use the 133 one, fic said it was put there for testing purposes lol. i know alot of the kt133 boards dont do well with 133 though the kt133a seems to do fine...

does it have onboard sound etc ? all my boards with onboard stuff crap out if i OC with any of the onboard stuff enabled but do fine if its all disabled hehe.

I have the sound disabled. It is really strange. I was under the impression that this was going to be simple. Unlock the CPU change the multiplier and FSB and that was it .

:beer:

It just doesn't want to run at 133 and keeps changing everything to defaults every now and then.

3 of my 4 computers OC with zero problems but my FIC one is hellish lol. i ened up with just a lil OC and am happy it still runs after all the tweaking, kicking, pounding etc... :)

i donno whats up but i wish you the best of luck in finding a solution.

Hmm, have you seen anything about PCI deviders, FIC may have screwed you over and doesn't support anything above a 3 devider.

It should be like this so all the PCI cards & AGP card stays happy.

FSB : PCI Devider : PCI Bus
100 : /3 : 33.3
133 : /4 : 33.25
166 : /5 : 33.2
ect.

If you ar running 133FSB but you are stuck with a PCI devider of 3, then all your PCI cards are running WAY outa spec at 44Mhz, thats why it could still run at 115 because it wasn't too far outa spec yet at 38Mhz.

Hope this helps ya...

Hmmm interesting, any ideas on where I can find out about dividers and my board? I can't remember Gigabytes website saying much about it.

Isn't the divider meant to be automatic or bios set? I have no such bios setting or jumper setting. Does this mean perhaps that the mobo is defective?

Hi just to point out that I have a MSI KT3 board and a Duron 1.2 which is currently running at 180 * 7.5 so I dont see why you have a problem, I think the divider should be automatic at least I hope it was ! :eek:

there must be something ( software ? ) that can tell what your divider is, guess i could do with it too just to check !

The KT133 chipsets were NOT the overclockers chipset, most people weren't getting much more above 115MHz with them, you will need to upgrade the motherboard if you want FSB overclocking, its in no way strange, those chipsets weren't meant to run at 133MHz, or couldn't, can't remember that right now. The KT133A fixed that. So if I were you I would upgrade mobo or just stick with 115MHz FSB and up the multi

Back