• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ftp sever software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Twinkle said:
Btw does anyone know of any good tutorials about ftp servers?

Why not ask any questions you have here in the forums ? There are lots of people here that can help you with any questions you may have

nihili said:

I agree with nihili GuildFTP is a good bit of software and the help file has a good guide in it. I've just setup an FTP server here at home and it was not as hard as i thought it was going to be

Good Luck

Its just that I really dont know where to start.
I have the software installed, I'm using Guild FTp for my FTP server, and DNS2go for my domain, thats about as far as I got, im reading help files now.

I have everything set up the way that I think it should be, it just seems like the Dns2go software and the Ftp server arnt meshing...I wish I knew what to do.

Biohazard said:
well m8 hmm i got DNS2Go also and GuildFTP and but i can connect with my pc to the server but others cant??? is my DSL Modem blocking??

Some companies may block the default port if the have a "no server" policy. If you have a firewall, that will block the port also. In the first case you could set the server to a different port, though of course that would violate your ISP's policy and potentially put your connection at risk. In the second case you need to set your firewall to forward port 21 to the appropriate machine.

nihili

A good ftp server is bulletproof ftp server, although you are already using guild ftp server.
Ive used bulletproof ftp server for over a year now, and my ISP service has not been stopped. My isp is comcast, and im located in Marylands. Bulletproof ftp is great, because It has the ability to limit the bandwidth for uploads and downloads, which is good if you dont want to kill your connection. If you dont limit the speed limit, you'll find your internet browsing slower than a 56k connection.

i prefer bpftp server i use it and love it and if you need any help with it i can help. im also behind a linksys router if anyone needs any help private message me and i may be able to help.

Back