• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered XP1600+ from Newegg, AGOIA or AROIA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

It should be here by Friday, my nephew got an AGOIA from them 2 weeks ago and hits 175fsb w/ his Abit KR7 mobo w/ pc2100 memory and crappy cooling.

I've heard that the AROIA doesn't o/c as well as the AGOIA. Is this true? Should I be praying real hard for an AGOIA or will I be happy w/ an AROIA as well.

BTW, I also ordered a new A7V333 mobo as well and will be using them together.

I haven't seen many people get AROIA lately mainly all AGOIA. I wouldn't say there is any difference they both seem to hit 1.8gig if you unlock it which I strongly recommend since you'll be getting a KT333 motherboard that has the 1/5 divider and make use of that FSB! I think you should be happy either way AGOIA, or AROIA they're both awsome steppings. I think you should be praying for a "Y" then that might even take it to 1.9gigs? hehe

Yodums

If a better stepping for the T-Bred (one that'll hit 2.5Ghz, or so) doesn't come out by the time ABIT gets there nForce 2 mobo released, I'm gona get a 1600+. Does anyone know a store that hand picks there processors, or will do it for you - that doesn't charge a premium. If not I'l just get one from NewEgg, they seem to be really reliable.

I feel better now that either one will be ok but a Y would be a bit better. I should have it by tomorrow, so I post back and let you know what I got.

Can anyone highly recommend someone to unlock my cpu here in the US?

Well, I got my XP1600+ this afternoon and it's an AGOIA "K" 0212. Just have to wait for my a7v333 to get here tomorrow and work on replacing my mobo this weekend.

well if you need advice about settin up the mobo or unlocking, I'm only a short PM away, I work alot so if I don't get back to you right away I'm workin.

bigfoot said:
If a better stepping for the T-Bred (one that'll hit 2.5Ghz, or so) doesn't come out by the time ABIT gets there nForce 2 mobo released, I'm gona get a 1600+. Does anyone know a store that hand picks there processors, or will do it for you - that doesn't charge a premium. If not I'l just get one from NewEgg, they seem to be really reliable.

I think you may be waiting a little too long. The 1600+ might not be selling anymore since they will be hitting a point where they will be losing money off of the chips.

I think you may be waiting a little too long. The 1600+ might not be selling anymore since they will be hitting a point where they will be losing money off of the chips.

I'll keap that in mind and just hope it doesn't happen, When will that dang Barton be released?

Hmm... Go to AMD'S website... If im not mistaken, i thought it was like 6-8 Months.. i may be incorrect.

Well, I got my A7v333 running w/ my new XP1600+ AGOIA K and have gotten it up to 170FSB (locked) w/ no errors on prime95 torture test for a couple of hours. Will try to increase the fsb a bit more later.

Hmm... Go to AMD'S website... If im not mistaken, i thought it was like 6-8 Months.. i may be incorrect.

I havent been to AMD yet but 6-8 MonthsIntel will be to 3+G by then, and we'l just be passing 2G, AMD better hury up.

Lets pray that a lighting storm goes over intels factory and a lighting bolt hits it. OOoooo , it already happend. lol :D

It doesnt matter how high Intel goes, even now with AMD lagging by 700 or so mhz, the p4 2.56 is better then the xp 2200, but you can buy two and a half xp 2200s for one top of the line p4. In short AMD will always be the best chip in terms of value. ;) Anyway im sure youve heard all this before...

-Steve

Back