• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Defection to AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Re: Intel Defection to AMD

AgEnT0140 said:
smart move, its scarry over here, tahts why i made the switch, dont think i will ever buy an AMD CPU again unless its cheap or a 64bit.
ditto :)

Re: Re: Intel Defection to AMD

AgEnT0140 said:

smart move, its scarry over here, tahts why i made the switch, dont think i will ever buy an AMD CPU again unless its cheap or a 64bit.

Depends, both side currently have some good deals. Don't know how long AMD's will last as the 1600+ is about to hit a point where they lose money when selling, whereas the 2.26b is currently a sweeeeeeeet deal.

Back to the subject, this is very interesting. Its like professional football, always trying to get the rivals assistant coaches for your personal gain. The link to the guy is not working what exactly was his major function at Intel?

i have no loyalty. Those companys wouldn't defend me so I won't defend them :)

I buy whats cheap and powerful at the time. Intel actually looks to be getting pretty decent as far as prices so i could go either way next upgrade...

Element-Xero said:
i have no loyalty. Those companys wouldn't defend me so I won't defend them :)

I buy whats cheap and powerful at the time. Intel actually looks to be getting pretty decent as far as prices so i could go either way next upgrade...

so, you swing both ways depending on the price? ;)

I love AMD.

I've been AMD Ever since the Emberassing K6'S..

But im still w/ them 100% .....And i really like them.

Economical, Stable

new_novice said:
me too poor to be loyal :)

LOL!! same here since I have a car payment money is tight and has to be well spent:D

I have a 866 pIII and it scores 7000 in pc mark all the time (dont know if that is correct though) and if it was not for the no agp thing on that low line biostar then this would be a fine gameing machine but for now it is stuck with a pci TNT2 which plays CS fine at 800x600.

My point is that I USE to be a amd fan but know I am for both sides of the cpu market and in the future will buy the chip that is the quickest for the money spent, that does not mean the cheapest because you "get what you pay for" and it is true for all aspects of life. Right now both AMD and Intel have chips that are about 50/50 and are both worth getting.

if you took off your idiot-proof heatspacer you would crack the p4's core just as easly as an AMD one.

not to mention most of the cracked cores were during the thunderbird era, when the palomino and tbred's came out it brought with it a stronger core.

Back