• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking confirmation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jadams

I have a TBird 1.0GHz (200fsb) and will be unlocking it. Is this correct:

To be able to use 1.85v I connect the middle set on L7. Can I still use lower voltages?

To unlock all the multipliers, I just need to connect all the L1s.

Is that all I have to do? Is there anything else?

Oh while I am here, In the BIOS I have my memory set at FAST (Turbo is unstable) Will this be OK for overclocking, or should I lower it back down to 8/10ns?

Thanks alot!
Jeff.

closing all the L1's will unlock your chip, but i'm not 100% sure on the L7. can you adjust your voltage from inside the BIOS?

CPU is set at max 1.75v, if I can unlock it I can push it up to 1.85 and overclock it higher when I get a better CPU fan :)

Today I pushed it to 138 x 10 (1385MHz). The chip is a 1000MHz Athlon. It is stable, and doesn't fail in 3DMark. at 139 x 10 3DMark doesn't finish, it freezes. My temps at idle are 27c/51c.

Couple of Questions for anyone:

Do you think the heat will go up much if I raise the multiplier?

Do you think it will stay stable at 1385 if I drop the voltage to 1.7 (from 1.75) to lower the heat?

I was surprised at the 3dMark score difference from 1333 to 1385. It was 4080 at 1333 and 4351 at 1385, without overclocking my GF2Ti :)

EDIT :( :( Well, I had to knock it back down to 1333, kept locking up in a game I play alot. Dropped it 1MHz at a time back to 1333. :( Oh well. I guess I will wait till I get a better cpu cooler before trying more, Volcano 6+ isn't doin that well.

Last edited:
Where can I get info on it? Also will it be good for athlon XP1600+ overclocked? (My next upgrade: xp1600+, 512mb PC2700, and one of: Abit AT7, or Soyo KT333 Dr.Ult.Plat.)

Edit: Found some info on it, it doesn't seem too bad. Has anyone tried the new Volcano 9?

Last edited:
Back