• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with some case lighting that will look good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dance4Me

Registered
Let me start by saying this is the case I'm getting,

8034.jpg

I will be installing the following visual goodies,

-2x LCDs w/ bright green text in front door
-4x Clear 80mm fans with leds (blue, green or red)
-Fanbus, dual volt, 12 leds in total (blue, green or red)
-Replacing case bezel leds (blue, green or red)
-Cold cathode kit (blue, green or red)
-Possibly case Badge light kit

Now I've been wondering for a while, which colors to choose for the above. The color of the LCD's is already set, "GREEN" bright text. Didn't have a choice really, it was the best looking and is very easy to install. Now making everything green will look boring, but mixing too much will make it look like crap.

I was thinking,
1) Green LCDs
2) Green/Red bezel Leds
3) Green/Red Leds on fanbus (red for high, green for low)
4) Red cold cathode kit
5) Clear 80mm fans with green leds

There is one problem with that, blue is my favorite color :D. It's hard choosing these colors when blue looks so nice, but blue and green don't mix well. Well maybe, it's hard to visualize it. Mixing all 3 colors might work, but in what configuration. Like for instance, all green lights in front case Bezel, internal Blue cathode and clear 80mm fans w/ red leds. That's a little too much color, don't you think?

Anyway, what would you guys recommend? This is the first time I'm doing such a thing so I need a little color matching help :).

Last edited:
case mods

My case is also black, but with a uniform silver front and drives. I modded my Digidoc 5's LCD so that its is red on one side and blue on the other, giving it a purplish red/blue fade. My HDD led is red, and I changed the power-on led to bright blue. I just added a window and blue cold cathode today! Already thinking I should get a few more (red and UV) b/c they're only about $5 for the cathodes themselves at hobbytron, and it'd only take about 2 minutes to swap colors.

I would say to stick with 2 colors. If blue is your favorite color, I would say use that as your primary color. Blue and green can be mixed to good effect. I would suggest blue cathode, blue fans, then use green for all your trim lights. As for the baybus, I have not seen any blue green dual color LEDs made yet, what you can do is modify the baybus circuit to use 2 separate LEDs instead of a dual and use a blue and green scheme with those. I think that would look smooth on the darker case.

not that its really relevant to the topic but is that a chefteck or an anteck case up there? I cant tell the diff tho i know there is some

Back