• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellwolf

well i am thinking of going watercooling but my case is really small (no money for new one atm)
so if i would mount the rad outside the case aswell as the pump and yust have a incomming and outgoing tubes in case and connect em like that could it be done this way?

also could someone give me a addy to some good blocks for cpu/mobo/gfx (also give some tips on em plz :) )

also about the waterpump itself... what should it pull at least? i mean i dont wanna spend a hell lot of money on a pump while i could get a good but cheaper one in a non pc shop...

As for the rad ill prolly use one from a old car cuase i noticed most are really small rads so this one is surely big enhough :)

a lot of people run WCing setups outside there case. I personaly like everything inside but considering your monitary constraints i completly understand. FOr a cheap pump the via agua 1300 (IIRC) is supposed to be really good. for blocks you can either goto www.dangerden.com or www.dtekcustoms.com they both have great blocks, I would get the gemini spiral WB from dtek, and I wouldn't bother NB cooling it kills your flow and really isn't needed.

Good luck with your setup, also www.nestbyte.com has great deals on fans if you don't have one.

First off for the rad I would try to use a heater core from an old car if you can, or spend $20 at a auto parts store. The reason for this is that it would restrict your water flow, and that way you don't have to spend too much on a pump.

For a pump everyone pretty much uses eighter a eheim 1048 or 1250. They are alittle expensive, but they are quiet and perform well. Some also use Maxi Jet, but I have heard from some that they leak, and others that they don't leak, but they are cheaper.

For the water block people are heads over heals about the spir@l at this place: http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/18/cat18.htm?782 All their other blocks are pretty nice too if the price is too much.

thx for reply's... but that waterpump where do i find that? and around what prices?... i got no clue how much :p

wonder how my local pc shop is gonna react when i ask him about a spiral block :p .... hell we dont even have a shop with watercooling around here ... and i prefer local shopping :)
or atleast in own country ... but my pcshop never heard of chieftec before me either now they sell a whole ****load of em :p

EDIT: also no NB coolling?... i prefer i have it though since some people already fryed there MSI KT3... dont wanna fry mine....

yeah, the best cheap DIY way of doing things is going with a ViaAqua 1300 pre-assembled with 1/2" fittings from BECooling, 89 Camaro or 86 Chevette heatercore, but i would go with the DTek spiral for my block. reason: it comes with 1/2" fittings, no dicking around with reducers and multiple tubing sizes.

LOLz ok scatch taht waterpump... its 120V only pump in belgium we have 240V :p

but still i was planning on going CPU/mobo watercooling at first and later maybe add teh GFX card to the whole thing.

also 370gallons?... is that 1369liters? (think i got conversion way wrong)

so should the pump be at least 370gph?... or is this already a very good one?... wich should it be at for sure?... running cpu/mobo/gfx watercooling? as i will have to buy at a local store so i wont be able to use that one i will have to custom choose one.

hellwolf said:
so should the pump be at least 370gph?... or is this already a very good one?... wich should it be at for sure?... running cpu/mobo/gfx watercooling? as i will have to buy at a local store so i wont be able to use that one i will have to custom choose one.

I would stick with something that is above 150 GPH, or you will start decreasing the performance of the w/c system.

Back