• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Come Tbird 1.4 cost more then 1800+??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BinarySuperman

I dont get it how come the tbird 1.4 costs more then the 1800+??
doesn't the 1800+ produce less heat, and overclocks better not to mention its FASTER then the 1.4? someone explain please

well uh because the 1.4 isnt in production anymore so the inventory they are selling is limited i guess.... if you wanna see real insanity take a look at like... some classic athlon slot processors.... so expensive! the motherboards too.

I still like the T-birds better because they are easier to unlock...

I get a very decent o/c with my 1.3 T-birds...

flounder43 said:
I still like the T-birds better because they are easier to unlock...

I get a very decent o/c with my 1.3 T-birds...

Yea I miss those pencil days, I did unlocks within 5secs :( When those Tbird had good steppings, they whooped some serious ***, like the Tbird 1gig or the Tbird 1.33

Yodums

Yodums said:

Yea I miss those pencil days, I did unlocks within 5secs :( When those Tbird had good steppings, they whooped some serious ***, like the Tbird 1gig or the Tbird 1.33

Yodums
Yep, I have 2 1.33 AYHJA's. I get 1.6 with air cooling.

well uh because the 1.4 isnt in production anymore

I think they are in production. How long have XP's been out? 7-8 months with my guestimate. Thats plenty of time for the Tbirds to come out of the supply chain. I think they are still producing them, not only that, all tbirds I have seen since the release of the XP are factory unlocked. and most do 1.6.

never unlocked a tbird and i assume its easy but i dont know why everyone always ******* and moans about the AXP's unlockin them i think its mad easy and takes me 10mins at the most!

Emericana said:
never unlocked a tbird and i assume its easy but i dont know why everyone always ******* and moans about the AXP's unlockin them i think its mad easy and takes me 10mins at the most!

Weren't you the one that took 20 someting tries to get it unlocked ;)

yeah it took me 20 trys when i was using the highspeed pc kit to get it unlocked but i got it first time using a crayon. The gap filler used in highspeed pc is AWFUL. I have unlocked around 10 AXP's using crayon and conductive grease

Back