• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Later Duron im Upgrading and its ur chance to be heard!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biohazard

Disabled
ok ladies...(joking)

Im gonna replace my Duron....
That means u lot have a chance to tell me wot Mobo and wot CPU ects i should get....
Make a list of the things i should get!

youre sig says a p4 system if youre talking about getting a amd system i would get what i have lol

Xp1600+ or 2000+ with the agoia or aroia steping
at least 256 mb pc 2700 ram
Asus A7V 333 mobo
im not sure what kinda card u want so u pick that
420 watt psu or more
good cooling im not familar with air cussi do water

anyone else wanna add on ?

Overclockerz said:
youre sig says a p4 system if youre talking about getting a amd system i would get what i have lol

lol yes the sig says P4 but i have to do somthing once i have the P4, and i figured since every1 thinks im ditching AMD i wonted to prove em wrong!

Abit KX7-333
512mb Corsair XMS Memory (pick either 2700, 3000, or 3200 depending on how much you wanna oc)
Athlon XP 1600+ or 2200+ depending on how much you wanna spend
Geforce 3 Ti200 or get a Geforce 4 Ti4200 if you have money
Soundblaster Audigy
etc

Hmm...
Hows:

Abit KX7-333
AMD XP2200+ Aroia
Kingston 512(NO IDEA IF ITS RIMM OR DDR?) PC3200
GeForce 4 mx460 (NO Botherd) I got Ti 4600 in my P4
430w+
The Best Air Cooling Money can buy!

wot ya think??

Personnally I don't know for sure, but Techtv ran a review on vid cards and they were very insistent on not wasting the money on the geforce 4 mx460. Not sure why, you might want to investigate that before you buy though. Just a heads up, I wasn't really paying that much attention to them when they were talking about it.;) :)

I say either get yourself a geforce 3 ti200 or get a geforce 4 ti....the geforce 4 mx cards suck and are just a modified geforce2 mx.....as for ram get 512MB pc 3000 muskin (I think thats how you spell it) and get an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ but make sure you get a good heatsink for it. I got the KX7-333R and love it and I suggest you get it also. Only note is that the board might not work with the 2200+ unless you either a) unlock it or b) RMA it so they can replace a part on it. This problem only occurs in v1.0 of the board and all other versions have it fixed. I am unsure what version mine is but I have a feeling that I'll have to RMA it for the fix sometime eventually.

Get a KX7333(r) | xp 1600+ AGOIA Y | 512 XMS

You will do anything you need with this rig for a good while.

Oh...don't get a GF4 MX 460:D

For cooling, go with AX-7 & Sunnon 50cfmer. This combo is cheap, powerful, and relatively quiet. Don't bother with any other fans. I have tried a 126cfmer, and load temp is the same as to 50cfmer. For cpu, go with 1600+ from newegg or svc. Svc got hand-picked agoia, and with newegg, pretty much all agoia or aroia. mobo-wise, pay attention to refurb section of newegg. good luck. And personally, I like ge4 max, cuz they do have a better 2-d than ge2, and 3, pretty fast too. only complain is their prices.

Back