• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failing OC with case panels on, yet temps are the same?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deam

My [email protected] runs prime95 for 16 hours straight when the panels are off. The temps, are around 59 CPU and 48 SYstem (high due to bios error on the BD7).
When I put the case panels on, with all my fans, the temps of the CPU and System remain the same, yet it fails within minutes to hours. WHy is this?
The only thing I do notice is the CPU fan goes faster than normal with the panels on.

it sound like a heat issue even tho it says it isnt...

why would the fans spin faster with the panel on or off?
how much faster?

is there a short somewhere?
what kind of ventilation you got in there?

ahhaha..you respond to my post as I responded to yours, weird.
Well...the CPU fan spinning faster implies that it is getting hotter than normal..ie...it was at 3K RPM vs the normal 24-2600RPM
There is no short, nothing liek that.
I have to front case fans, the PS fan, and another fan just below it....soon to add top fan, hopefully that will make things better.

ok..
i get it...your fan is temp controlled...hehe

its definately a heat issue...
best way to fix it is to get rid of the heat as fast as possible before it heats other stuff up...

i have 2 exaust fans under the PS, plus the PS has 2more exaust fans...

this creates so much of a vacuum that i dont even have a case fan in the front and it has quite a bit of suction...

see what happens if you move as many fans as you can to exaust right near the CPU..
the faster you get that hot air out of there the better

good luck!

Back