• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti Queue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just shoot

It appears that the Que reset its self. The WU qued for clients was rest, all information for wu uploaded and downloaded, IP address configuration, account info, everything was blank.

Seti Queue also started a new que which is now Q002, which it was Q001, the log information for the old que was deleted. There was a log file for yesterday that I was pulling information from trying to see what happened. Sometime (I will have to look again) Sunday 28, it started to removing qued work units, I'm not at home at this time or I would have attached the log file but I can do it tonight.

I hope someone has some words of wisdom.

TC said:
Was it not used for a long time? Is the system overclocked?

This is my main rig, so yes its always used.

Overclocked yeah at the moment xp 2100 at 1962 with 157 FSB @ 1.97 volts. Been running three days without a shutdown or lockup under heavy gaming, seti and the Queue, This is the only problem I have found as of yet and I did a defrag last night and all is well.

Didn't you say you added a HDD to that machine on IRC? If you did, that might have changed the drive letter configuration for your existing drives. If Setiqueue is set to look into a particular folder, that would have made the old info unavailable and it would have to start a new queue for it. If you manually switch the drive letters back to there originals, the old queue might work again.

No Bender said that maybe the harddrive is failing or corrupted. Other than water cooling the system has been the same for almost six months.
I wouldn't think that adding a harddrive would effect the queue or even change the drives letter since the program is installed on primary boot partition. If the drive letters would change the computer wouldn't boot.

As far as Q001 its gone, its been deleted along with all the logs except one, I posted in irc some of the messages in the only log file that was left (which is set to keep logs for 30 days). I will post the log file tonight when I get home. Maybe it will shed some light on what happened but its definitly weird.

Back