• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help choosing a mobo and cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myself and I

Disabled
ok im definitly getting a 2.24b but i need some help with a mobo unless otherwise you think i should go with a different cpu let me know.

Ok i heard the abit bd-7 ii is the best out there is this true?
also what about the abit IT7?

thanks

My advice is 1, check the overclockers.com CPU database for the processor you want to buy and see what other people are using for a motherboard, and 2, check the Intel motherboard forums here for more information as to what people are using. The what motherboard is best question comes up all the time there and there are lots of detailed discussions about various motherboards available as a result of it.

hey thanks for the reply

i had a question though

should i get a board with or with out raid, i dont plan on using it even if i get it , will this affect overclocking?

Re: reply

Myself and I said:
hey thanks for the reply

i had a question though

should i get a board with or with out raid, i dont plan on using it even if i get it , will this affect overclocking?

if you'll never use it....save your money. get non-raid, I did.

mica

on the other hand, AFAIK most RAID controllers can be used as normal IDE controllers, giving you the ability to run an extra four IDE devices.

well, i personally would get raid and use raid 0 (striping). It increases performance dramatically.

I might get the 2.26b, p4t533 with raid. The only thing i hate about the p4t533 is that it's not backwards compatible with the standardized rimm modules.

Back