• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i spend the extra dough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copper_top

ive been looking for a 512MB stick of cas2 pc 3000 ram. i came up with these options:

AIB: $154

OcSystem: $156

Extreem DDR: $175

Corsair: $197.5

which brand do you think i should buy? its seems that people like corsair memory the most but it is so expensive! for less than the corsair i could buy some GeIL pc3200 cas2 memory. i have been considering the xtreemDDR http://www.xtremeddr.com/products/x_pc3000.shtml does anyone know if this is good memory?

thanx

yep. go the corsair.
i can't comment on mushkin as it's not readily available in australia.

samsung is another good option. if you get genuine samsung, not cheap stuff.
the real stuff has a samsung PCB. the cheap stuff uses a crappy 4 layer one.

copper_top said:
ive been looking for a 512MB stick of cas2 pc 3000 ram. i came up with these options:

AIB: $154

Extreem DDR: $175

Corsair: $197.5

which brand do you think i should buy? its seems that people like corsair memory the most but it is so expensive! for less than the corsair i could buy some GeIL pc3200 cas2 memory. i have been considering the xtreemDDR http://www.xtremeddr.com/products/x_pc3000.shtml does anyone know if this is good memory?

thanx

AIB, NO

OCsystem, NO

Extreme DDR, YES

Corsair, YES

P.S. Extreme DDR is not OCZ in any way...

Re: Re: should i spend the extra dough?

Overclocker456 said:

AIB, NO

OCsystem, NO

Extreme DDR, YES

Corsair, YES

P.S. Extreme DDR is not OCZ in any way...

I agree with you completely. As to coppertop, corsair has a new xms3200 that is cas2.0 (older one was cas2.5).

yea go with the corsair ive seen guys with 205-210 with the new cas2 stuff...and if u are going for fast speeds i think and heard its the best...i cant wait to test this pc2400 out it was at 178 lets see what it does with my chip unlocked....

thanks, i think ill go with extreem DDR. just incase i change mi mind, does anyone have a link to the samsung memory?

B.T.W. shadco, im getting an msi Kt3 ultra refubished off newegg.

B.T.W. shadco, im getting an msi Kt3 ultra refubished off newegg.

I'm not sure that board has a high sucess rate for High FSB's, so you may want to do some research. It may make sense to step back a little on the memory instead of buying premium stuff.

Shad

I bought a PC3200 stick from OCsytems but it was only 256 meg.

I will never buy from OCsystems again.

My system is stable at 166FSB and 166Mem bus but when I got +33 on the mem bus that memory chokes!

at 166 it has to be set to the slowest settings.
I need 2.8V on the mem to run 166 slowest settings.

In my personal opinion OCsystems mis represented their memory.

I don't know who to get, but I wanted to share my experience with you.

gigabyte 7VRXP, it is stable at 166 with the high volt and slow timming settings. (unlocked AROIA processor running at 7X mult for FSB testing)
HTH

Back