• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TMD fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ezeKieL987

i have seen people talking about these some and went to look for info on them and found out they are really good and would like to try one on my chip...anyways i couldnt find a 80mm version of these...is there such a thing and could someone give me a link please?? :D

The 80x25mm version is due to be released later this month and YS Tech told me they have no plans on releasing anything bigger than a 80mm version. So as of now no luck for the 92mm or the 120mm. There main market with this fan is the heatsink market. And since the mass majority of heatsinks use 70 and 80mm fans that is what they are concintrating on.

Btw, when the 80mm is released I will be getting it to replace my 70mm. I like the 70mm, but I dont think it covers a large enough surface area. YS tech will not release the specs of this fan until it is released, but I can tell you this. For one is 10mm larger and for two its 10mm wider. So I would guess somewhere around 45-50CFM rating on this fan, probally at about 35dbs, but that is just a guess.

Last edited:
rlemieux, what fan were you using before you got the tmd fan and did you have better or worse results with it, and if you had better results (temps drop) how much on both load and idle?... :)

looks like i will stick with this 80mm vantec on my pal...unless i get a 92mm and put this 80mm at the top of my case...:D ...you guys think there would be much of a temp diff from the 80mm to the 92mm tornado's???

You wont see but about 1C of difference. To me the 3-4C better with the Vantec over the TMD is not worth the extra noise.

Back