• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mic/Monitor Mod...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R0CK3TM4NN

Is there enough empty space inside a trinitron-type CRT monitor to place a small-sized desktop microphone in? Has anyone done this yet? I might be painting my monitor to match my case, so while I'm in there...hey, why not?

Alternatively, if you don't want to rip apart yout desktop mic, you can go to RS, and pick up just the mic itself. Get some quality wire and an 1/8" plug, while you're there, and you're set to go.

Cool.

I just remembered that I can get monitors that have microphones built into them...but I realized that they all suck.

I saw an ad for a sound-array type microphone. Essentially its a thin piece of casing which houses 5 microphones and filters out external noise and concentrates on your voice only. It was designed to fit on top of or underneath a monitor...maybe it can go IN one. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the ideas.

Back