• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Order BIOS chip from Abit??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aresaid

Registered
If anyone has done this could you please tell me how, including e-mail addresses you mailed, numbers you rang, whatever.
My BD7-II BIOS chip has died, and I need a new one ASAP. Also, I live in Australia if that matters.
Regards, Anthony

Yes, dealer isn't particularly interested (yes, I know it is their responsibility etc), and both of the distro's in Aus aren't being helpful either. What can I do??
Regards, Anthony Hunt

Unfortunately not. They are the 2 distro's in Australia that I have already rung. Returned it to the retailer this afternoon, and probably looking at around a 2 week turn around unfortunately. :(
Thanks for your contributions fella's.
Regards, Anthony Hunt

Had to do this today.

Just call the Abit phone number in your manual and there is an option for ordering bios chip and they will send you a new one. If you talk to them right you might be able to get them to send it for free.

ttiger said:
Had to do this today.

Just call the Abit phone number in your manual and there is an option for ordering bios chip and they will send you a new one. If you talk to them right you might be able to get them to send it for free.

Wish I had known this a little earlier. Sent my board back through the retailer, so probably looking at at least 2 weeks without the beast. :(

Back