• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

up and running!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickerbocker

Hey guys im kinda new here to the boards but my first home built system was built last night and I figured since im gonna be overclocking I might as well make some friends that know something about it. My good friend "nismo nate" helped me build it, so if u see him around give him a pat on the back, he finished it in about 2 hours which includes a ten munute pizza break. Every thing is running perfect. It is a XP 1700 and I overclocked it a bit to 1654mhz and it is runnign between 39-40 celcius. It runs really good but once you get a taste of the OC you really do get thirsty for more. The chip sits on a abit KR7A 133-R board with 256 crucial 2100 ram. I dont know what people were talking about by unlocking the cpu becuase I can tweak anything, my FSB all the way up to 250 and my multiplier to its max. So friends what do you think I can do with this system???? Should I just keep gratually upping the FSB or the multiplier. The past threads have been a big help as well as the OC home page but it seems like when I try to OC the system more it runs a bit unstable. Feedback is most appreciated-Nick

from what I understand, putting the fbs too high can put stress on your system's components. Slowly raise it if you like, but you will reach a point where stablilty becomes an issue, then go a bit lower. From 1.47 ghz to 1.65 ghz is probably on average as far as you'd expect to go without more complex cooling systems like watercooling. I've been told 200 mhz is a good expectation.

That was my first AMD build it went smooth....

Hey Nick why don't you post the rest of your components and tell the fella's how much your whole system cost ya....:beer:

Back