• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a low profile hsf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I need a low profile hsf (physically short that is) for an Athlon 950. It isn't going to be overclocked but it does need to fit in a tight box.

Perhaps I should explain. Once a month I give a lecture on some facet of .NET programming. That requires a reasonably good computer, better than my 266 laptop. So, since I don't feel like buying a new laptop for a once-a-month lecture, I simply throw a motherboard, drive, mini-power supply, mini-keyboard, and a mouse into my backpack. Mostly spare parts I had lying around.

I don't need a monitor because the lecture room has a monitor and overhead projector.

The only problem is that a large heatsink means that the MB goes into a rather large box. I'd rather have a low hsf and get it into a smaller box. Like the box the MB came in, for instance.

So, who makes a reasonably good low profile heatsink? Thanks.

Most people around here use the Cooljag for GPU cooling but its one of the best rackmount heatsinks made

http://www.1coolpc.com/jag.htm

I believe its 25mm in height including the fan

jag1.jpg

there are hsf for 1u mounting but dunno where to get 1

edit: yup silver wuz faster

Back