• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning Cards And Motherboards??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toadmaster1

Registered
is there any kind off cleaning solutins to use cleaning your circut boards ?????the guy who posted the amd unlocking was using acetone to clean the chip?????anything beside air?air just dosent get the settled dirt!!!:eh?: :eh?: :eh?:

isopropyl alcohol and a static free cloth/rag. q-tips and cotton swabs will work too.

acetone works too, fewer people have it though. i meant lint free, so you dont get crap everywhere. kleenex or cotton.

I once heard that some type of acohol is good for that sort of thing. The science behind that being that it dries and evaporates quickly. But, I wouldn't put acohol on my hardware unless after full research, as it might be a problem in the logic or something...

well what kind of "dust" you mean?

a paintbrush or any soft brush can do the job quite well on things you would clean with air fors instance.

U GUYZ BEEN LOTS O HELP:D :D SOFT BRUSH GREAT IDEA THNX AND IF ANY 1 KNOWS MRE BOUT THE ACETONE PLZ REPLY;) ;)
and how u guys get the pix next to thread?????

toadmaster1 said:
and how u guys get the pix next to thread?????

It is an AVATAR... and you can put your own up by clicking "user cp" at the top... and going to user options. Then upload your own avatar. The limit is 120x120 pixels and 100k in size.

Demont said:
acetone works too, fewer people have it though. i meant lint free, so you dont get crap everywhere. kleenex or cotton.

is kleenex or cotton static free? Also, would an alcohol swab be good?

Royal said:

is kleenex or cotton static free? Also, would an alcohol swab be good?

like i said, i meant lint-free not static free when i mentioned it. was a mistake. static isnt a problem unless you are like... rubbing a carpet sample against your mobo during the winter, lol =). alcohol swab i dont really know what that is, sorry

Garfield said:
I once heard that some type of acohol is good for that sort of thing. The science behind that being that it dries and evaporates quickly. But, I wouldn't put acohol on my hardware unless after full research, as it might be a problem in the logic or something...

I've even soaked CPU's in little 5oz. cups of alcohol and wiped them off after a few minutes. As long as they dry properly, alcohol poses no risk to components.

I use Q-tips and alcohol to clean the mobo. I just unplug the power cord when I do it so everything is in good shape. Then I wait 5 minutes after I am done to make sure the alcohol is evaporated then I am set to go no problems ever. I detail clean my computer once a month on average. Then I use a can of air to blow out and dry everything as well.

Maestro

i use a weird setup.....a bristle brush from a parts cleaner...the kind that solvent flows through.....i hooked it to my vacuum with a 2' long chunk of 3/8" fuel hose duct taped to a vacuum attachment we don't use.I did cut the bristles down to about an inch long.It works great....gets all the dust without hurting anything

every 1 has been big help..got all my sinks and fan on radeon runs so much better 10058 3d marks......still need to unlock thnx all

Back