• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i get conductive silver laquer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That stuff is extremely hard to find. I know because I tried a few months back... I called every place in town... I kept getting referral after referral and most of the people had never even heard of it.

Are you wanting it for purposes of unlocking a chip? If so forget about 'silver lacquer'... just get some defogger stuff. You probably read Tom's unlocking guide. To this day I don't know why he insists on using 'Silver Lacquer' ... it just has to get people confused.

I've looked everywhere for conductive silver laquer too but never found one. I got a defogger kit instead from an auto parts store for around $10 - Permatex Quick Grid is the name of the product. The only problem I have with this particular defogger kit is that it dries too damn quick! As soon as you take the brush out of the bottle it's dried already. Also, it is brittle once it dries so it's easily scratched off.

I used it to bridge 2 pins on my Tualatin and it wasn't easy getting that thing to stick properly on the cpu. If you're going to use it to unlock an AMD chip I'm sure it'll work quite well because the of small area of application but I wouldn't trust it to make long connections.

Just my .02 :)

Pogs

Pogs said:
I've looked everywhere for conductive silver laquer too but never found one. I got a defogger kit instead from an auto parts store for around $10 - Permatex Quick Grid is the name of the product. The only problem I have with this particular defogger kit is that it dries too damn quick! As soon as you take the brush out of the bottle it's dried already. Also, it is brittle once it dries so it's easily scratched off.
Pogs

That's for sure... the stuff works great but once you get it on the brush you have about 2 seconds to apply it before it dries.

Back