• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How would you clean install this wire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Working on a PoE camera…

Using the existing phone connection that goes inside to a switch. Now to figure out how to put some conduit/PVC to get it up to the roof trim.
You can see in the image where the Ethernet cord comes from and where I need it to end up.

How would you guys suggest I do it for a clean safe install?

Pipe to protect the cord-Galvanized steel? White PVC painted, grey PVC painted? I’m just not sure what everyone does

Attachments

• IMG_5483.jpeg
    IMG_5483.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
Pic showing the whole area for more context? I've done quite a few of these and I've always found a way to avoid using long exterior runs requiring a bunch of tracks to protect the cable. Not sure if that ethernet cable is UV stabilized but if not it needs to be completely covered. I'd go with paint matched PVC if I absolutely had to do it that way though. Steel is going to add unnecessary difficulty.

//edit looking at the picture more, I'd go straight down with a flat track (again, if I absolutely had to do it this way) from that solar panel down to the ground and bury the cable over to the box on the wall.

if at all possible i'd relocate the panel to come straight down to where the cord needs to go and like @FoldingAddict mentioned i'd cover it with something, dont forget your drip loop though.
at my old job the fiber ISP forgot to install a drip loop and destroyed a whole new network rack.

was fun

Back