• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im running a little hot.. 10*C jump in 1 day?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay23

ya..im running a 1400 tbird... my temps went from 40*C to 50-52*C IN ONE DAY(im using an asus board and i compensated for the temp difference)

Did your case temps go up as well? Ambient went real crazy in Ontario these days. I think because the ambient went up your case temps went up and so did your CPU.

that mite be it.. but hte house has a/c on.. and ya its been around 32*C for the past couple of days :(

but the a/c is on for around 21-23*c im pret sure.. and i have a house fan circulating the air through my ROOM and only my room.. i dont see how it could get so hot.. o-well *crawls up next to cpu during winter*

last thursday night my temps went up 3c for no reason whatsoever... i had my case open for a while to show a fried some mods i had done to my vid card and motherboard and after he left my temps were 3c higher (44c at idle, 50-51c load..normally 41 and 47c).

this is really bothering me, i think im going to pull the heatsink off and lap it then re apply AS3. I had to drop my fsb down to 150 instead of 151 cause prime95 wouldnt run, @150 fsb ive been running prime for just over 60 hours at 49c-51c with no problems. ambient temps dont affect me much anywhere from 28c to 32c and the temp remains the same (no AC in the basement), even with the case open i normally run at 40c (41c case closed).

errr sorry didnt mean to steal your thread... 10c is a huge jump are you sure your fans are all still runing and running at their rated speed?

Wow everyone so far who responded in this thread is from Ontario :D I'm guessing it's because your case temps went up it brought your CPU Up seeing as your case temps went up too without the AC. Turn the AC back on.

DaddyB said:
last thursday night my temps went up 3c for no reason whatsoever... i had my case open for a while to show a fried some mods i had done to my vid card and motherboard and after he left my temps were 3c higher (44c at idle, 50-51c load..normally 41 and 47c).

this is really bothering me, i think im going to pull the heatsink off and lap it then re apply AS3. I had to drop my fsb down to 150 instead of 151 cause prime95 wouldnt run, @150 fsb ive been running prime for just over 60 hours at 49c-51c with no problems. ambient temps dont affect me much anywhere from 28c to 32c and the temp remains the same (no AC in the basement), even with the case open i normally run at 40c (41c case closed).

errr sorry didnt mean to steal your thread... 10c is a huge jump are you sure your fans are all still runing and running at their rated speed?

uhm i think while u had ur case off alot of dust got in there.. (Trust me my friends temps rose 5*C he didnt know why.. sent me his hsf.. i opened it up and im like HOLY ****!!!... cleaned it out temps were back to normal lol)

Back