• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm getting scared..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKooL

Registered
OcUK has more than twice the output per day than we do... I'm starting to think they really will catch up. I will finally have my 2nd system up today, a PIII 550, not much, but about 2-3 more WU per day :)

-Joe

When did they start doing more than twice the w/'s that we do? Hell, a week or two ago, we were just trying to get over 3,000 per day.:(

I think its harder to keep track of weekly production with SETI - as people will not do WU and hand it in straight away. With folding, what you see is what you get. This 2x production may simply be a few of the top members unloading a weeks worth of WUs.

David

Or some of the heavies maybe turning their pharms back to SETI for a while. Hopefully it will not last! ;)

Cy

I just checked the stats for OcUK and for their site on setiatwork, they were only averaging just over 4100 WU's. I'm guessing the stats may be spiking in some area's and lagging in others. I doubt they are near twice as much production as us. I shouldn't have jumped the gun :eek:

-Joe

My averages are as follows:

OCSETITeam : 3,085.6 WU/day
OcUK : 4,401.6 WU/day

Don't give up, if we can get close to the 3,500 and maintain we would be able to fend for at least a month those OcUK guys.

Mictlan said:
My averages are as follows:

OCSETITeam : 3,085.6 WU/day
OcUK : 4,401.6 WU/day

Don't give up, if we can get close to the 3,500 and maintain we would be able to fend for at least a month those OcUK guys.
Sounds easy enough. I'll order about 100 2.4GHz P4 systems from Dell this evening.

Wait about a month. As soon as some of the college students on the team start back into school. You can anticipate a jump in our output. Just be patient...:)

Yodums said:

Why not get the work place crunching again.. Blow them all away ;)
I am using the servers at my last place of employment to crunch ;) Only two xp 1500's though.

JKooL said:

ROFLMAO!!!!

:p

That was great TC. Unless of course... you were serious? :eek:

-Joe
If I could afford that I would have already done it - trust me :D

beau_safken said:
Wait about a month. As soon as some of the college students on the team start back into school. You can anticipate a jump in our output. Just be patient...:)
\

I hope so,I hate to lose:mad:

:D

the main problem is that OcUK's average output figures are kinda wrong at the mo... due to a few 'internal' problems within the forums. This resulted in them losing 40000+ units and then a couple of days later regained 35000+ of the lost units... so it looks like their output is higher than it actually is...

the problems prompted a quite a few of their members to leave, and start a new team (Team Hexus Seti) which was disbanded a week later with people rejoining OcUK.
I myself, got a bit sick of the place, and decided to head to pastures new.... namely You Guys... so my Woo's are nice and warm and cosy here.. :) oh an HELLO!!! 2 accounts - kaillum position 181 with 1341 and Andy Ogle Position 613 with 87 :D

:beer: :beer: :beer: 's are on me.. the British way of sayin Hiya!!:)

You are right kailum. Places like seti@work factor in all the total WU produced each day. I haven't figure it out if they use the last week or 2, but they do take into account the huge jumps when a lot WU get transfered from one team to another.....

What I try is as soon as I see a huge jump in one team, I restart my regression, to take just the normal production and not the new (lost) member.

Whith some luck (and hopefully the loss of Luke's WU) we will be able to fend OcUK till the first days of September. My latest target day is from the 6th to the 9th of September.....so we will have sometime to get back with the school term.

Hi, Kailum. Welcome to the Team!!

i've noticed ur joining 'bout a week or 2 ago, and only thought i mispick the wrong person....'cos i've only see u 'bout a couple times in the forum before. well, anyway, hope u'll enjoy ur staying, and feel urself home!! :)

Back