• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i get a new hs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YseanY

Registered
im currently running an tbird 1.2 @ 1.5volts stable on kg7r mobo w/ a swiftech MCX462 hs... the hs is is the first version, not the one w/ the "-U" and my temps r in the mid 30s during idle and low/mid 40s under load. i want to oc my system, but when i bump the vcore up to 1.85, my temps go up to the 50s and is unstable. i have 2 intake and 2 exhaust fans, the wires r neatly zip tied so it does not block airflow. my question is whether i should buy a new slk800 hs and use a volcano 9 fan or go for an alpha w/ volcano 9 fan? will i notice a good temp drop so i can oc? thanx

that heat sink will probably do ok.... is it a 60 or an 80mm? if its an 80 you might want to consider getting a larger fan for it.... also you may just want to get the ax-7 its alot cheeper weighs less and preforms about the same the slk-800 is just slightly better weighs a ton and cost 3x as much.

the volcano fan is a 80mm meter fan w/ built in speed adjuster, the max cfm it has is 75 at 4800rpm w/ db of 48...

do u think i should get a new hs? or do i just have a hot chip?

Back