• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spaz fans!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grutz

Registered
Is it a bad sign if after I power down all my fans jitter, or sometimes (the cpu fan) just keeps spinning at almost full speed? All except the video card do this.

how do i stop this from happening?

The fans jitter? Like make a noise/vibrate? If thats the case, then they either might be mounted wrong, or bad. However for the fans spining for awhile after the power goes off, thats a great thing. That is an indication that the fan is low friction (i.e. low power consumption, because it has to do less to do the same, lol). Just check your fans, and see if they are snugly screwed down. If they are jittering, then maybe that should help.

Hope this helps.

nope.

ALL the fans keep spinning (excpet video card) Heatsink, case fans, powersupply even. and a bunch of LED lights on the motherboard, case, and CD-RW drive are hella blinking. If i unplug the power and plug it back in the fans start spinnig again and the show continues.

Oh.....

Umm....not sure what that could be. I have never heard of anything like that. One thing that does come to mind......far shot, but hey.....is that maybe the power switch isnt turning the computer off...but hibernating it. Just a shot in the dark, because i honestly dont know what to tell you now.

Sorry.

ok

I just unplugged the power to the MB and the fans keep goin when i turn the power supply back on....
messed up power supply???
i didnt always do that from the beggining, so what might have caused that??

result!

It was the power supply... If anyone cares to know.

Back