• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid question(s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BMorg003

Registered
I'm working on a Soyo Dragon Platinum for a friend (wish it was mine) and he wanted to run his drives in raid 0, the problem is he has 2 DIFFERENT drives! One is 7200rmp Maxtor 60G ATA133, the other is an OEM (5400 I'm pretty sure) Western Digital 60G ATA100 that he got from another computer and he believed it to be messed up. I tried the Western Digital drive in my computer and it seemed to work okay, no glaring problems but a few anomalies... I put the two drives on the raid controller (IDE3-Maxtor, IDE4-WD) and created the array with no problem, it recognized both drives and created a 120G array, but when I went to FDisk (Win98 boot disk w/smartdrv) it only created a partition with 48G (from the Maxtor drive on IDE3). I was looking for help/advice, is this configuration not going to work? I've tennatively installed WinXP on the Maxtor on IDE1(master) and I've got the WD on IDE1(slave) for the moment and everything is going okay... Thanks guys/gals!:eh?:

Back