• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay! I think...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

Alright, as some of you guys know, I got a 1600+ from newegg. Im running at 1790 right now. I was at 1800, but something came up. It was the blue screen of death, at least I think it was. It said something about a problem was found and it was going to shutdown windows to prevent damage. If that is the bluescreen of death due to overclocking, then what caused it?
Vcore jumps some from 1.81-1.84
5v jumps from 4.78-4.89
3.3 hovers around 3.26
I have a Agoia y (the best overclocker), but Im suprised I cant get above 170. Do you think getting:
A bigger psu (Do you think this caused the bluescreen of death?)
Volt mod
better cooling
anything else?
Im running an ax-7 with AS3, rest of system stats r in sig.
Thanks.

It seems as if you have an unstable overclock. Try to pump some more voltage and reach 1800, or just back down the FSB a little and you should be ok.

those cpu temps are a in socket prob so imagine the temps 5-10 higher that is youre problem try to get lower temps.

I have the same prob either get temps in the 20c to get 1940 mhz or higher or overvolt my cpu i just tried to overvolt it im on 2.14 volts and sailing at 1950 mhz

Your 5v line is really low, that can crash it.

BSOD's can be caused by things other than the overclock if that's what you wanna know, but in an OCed system I'd really think it's the overclock. Try running prime 95 for a long *** time, like 12 hours. If it passes and then later on you get a BSOD then maybe it's something else, but if it fails then you know for sure it's the OC.

--Illah

I know my 5v is really low, but I dont want to spend 100 bucks on a good psu. Ive been looking into alternatives. I ran dual psus for awhile, and that was a pain in the ***. And what are BSODS?

Back