• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy and MIDI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

Im thinkin bout getting a new soundcard, and Im lookin at the Audigy and Live!5.1. I do alot of MIDI stuff, and need good latency for up to 16 channels. Yes, all at the same time. Would anyone recommend either card for this kind of work?

If all I have is analog speakers, won't the Live and the Audigy output be the same quality even on paper?

Would anybody recommend another brand of sub $70 sound card for decent 5.1 channel sound and good midi? I can get soundfonts galore, so I don't need good sf's to come with the card... Thanx! :beer:

I would go with the audigy, especcialy if you are doing sound recording/editing, the audigy does 24bit sound whereas the live only does 16bit, also with sub par speakers you won't really hear the diffrence but the people your sending your stuff to sure will! :)

Back