• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for M-ATX, Ryzen 7 and NZXT mini tower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BatmansHardware

Registered
I have a good GFX card, memory 4 x DDR4 (32GB total).

I am thinking if the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is worth it to keep me going for the next 5 years.

Kraken X63 cooling.

I am thinking about NZXT H510 m-tower for it all.

My last system was a Intel i-5 but it won't be good enough for windows 11.

M-ATX MSI motherboard the last time. It was good.

Anyway, what motherboard do you think you would recommend for the Ryzen 7 NZXT mid-mini tower?. I will be using the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti with it.

I think my 600W PSU is still good too but I may consider a new one if I need it.

I am looking to order everything up pre-assembled and then will add in my additional hardware for hopefully plug and work for doing some graphics jobs with for the next while.

Anything to know about?

That case will accept a regular ATX board so you don't need to limit your options with mATX motherboards. I would also suggest a Ryzen 5xxx series CPU if it's in the budget.

That case will accept a regular ATX board so you don't need to limit your options with mATX motherboards. I would also suggest a Ryzen 5xxx series CPU if it's in the budget.

Thanks for the tip on the MB size for that case. I nearly didn't catch that. Can you tell me do you mean a Ryzen7 5xxx or a Ryzen5?

Thanks for the tip on the MB size for that case. I nearly didn't catch that. Can you tell me do you mean a Ryzen7 5xxx or a Ryzen5?

He means the Zen 3, Ryzen 5xxx of your choice: Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T), Ryzen 7 5800X (8C/16T), Ryzen 9 5900X (12C/24T) or Ryzen 9 5950X (16C/32T).

Thanks for that list. I get it that's several price points and pick what you can budget for. Thanks. That will come in handy.

Thanks for that list. I get it that's several price points and pick what you can budget for. Thanks. That will come in handy.

And for a motherboard, you want either the B550 or X570S chipset. I would stay away from the original X570 boards. Unfortunately the new X570S chipset motherboards are very pricey so my recommendation would be a mid-range B550 motherboard.

Back