• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Video Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coulter

What are the best PCI video cards currently on the market?

What PCI cards to both ATI and nVidia make?

Anyone else able to back this up? Is there any well-known website that will support this claim? I'm trying to prove to a friend that the GeForce4 MX 420 is the best PCI card available.

A gf2 mx 400 64mb is the best value for pci.

$77 for gf4 and the gf2 is $50 bucks. Thay bolth use SDR and in the same amount, 64 Mb. and the only difference is Core clock speed and Architecture

stats: (from PNY)

Gf2 MX400:

Core: 200mhz
Ram: 64mb SDR
Bandwith: 2.7 Gb/sec

Gf4 MX420:

Core: 250mhz
Ram: 64mb SDR
Bandwith 2.7 Gb/sec

Plus my Gf2 is at 265 Core anyway

My .02¢

ssgohan434 :
Post a 3Dmark Benchy and see how my gf2 goes up to your gf4

Im using the Geforce mx 420 PCI card and I believe it is the best for PCI also. /me curses for not having an agp slot....god I want my new mobo and processor!!

I will clock my pIII to 700 mhz and then run the card stock and see what happens :)

r u going to under clock the PIII or overclock it??? eaither way it will be unfair because it u underclock it the ram speed will go slower and if u overclock it the ram speed will be faster.
im on a 100 mhz fsb (almost 100 posts) my goal for the summer is almost met but school starts tommorow and it is 8:30 PM!

2233, At stock settings and my pIII @ 695mhz and 108mhz fsb

Now I will test it at 250mhz core

No mods on the core just lucky, and a blue orb heatsinkfan

2310, with a 250mhz core.

As you see is the difference is not worth almost $30 extra dollars So tell your friend that For the best value and almost the same preformence the gf2 MX400 is a great card. But If he/she has to have the best than get the gf4 MX420 and maby he/she can overclock it a little to make it simular to the preformence of a MX440 or even a MX460 if thay are lucky. But remember that SDR ram is not the best and if thay are even a light gamer thay will be happy with a lower end DDR motherboard and a Mid range ATI card and that will last them a lot longer than a PCI Video card and the motherboard thay have now. But If thay have a Compaq or a HP type of computer then the PCI card is about the best thay can do unless thay want to build a other computer which will cost them close to 500 to 600 bucks for a lower end build.

Hope it Helped. :)

ive always thought that in these situations the best thing is to save up and get a cheap amd system with an AGP slot....youll see a MUCH greater improvement even going to an AGP MX440

As an alternative to MX420, you can get an ATI 7500LE 64MB with S-video, VGA and DVI out for around $80. Gets a slightly higher 3DM score (2669 vs 2500 on a PIII 866).

Back