• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have MSI KT33 Ultra? Need help with 1/5 divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hendonblue

Registered
Anyone have MSI KT333 Ultra? Need help with 1/5 divider

Hey there,

Been browsing these groups for a while...heard all the hype about the AGOIA stepping. Wasn't sure if I had it or not on my 1700, didn't look when I first set the system up. Just checked this evening, discovered I had AGOIA 9...18 week of 02...

Learning this, I moved the FSB up...finally making it to 166 with 1.8V. Was able to boot into XP, but when I checked SiSoft Sandra, it looks like my PCI devices are running at 42mhz...not good...I thought my 1/5 divider was going to kick in at 166FSB. Whats up here?

Not sure if theres a setting in my BIOS that I can change it to 1/5 or not. Looked all over...

BTW, If I can get this divider thing worked out. And then get some better air cooling...say a Dragon Orb 3, and then run a torture test like Prime95, how long should this 1.8GHz processor last me? I was talking to my local computer dude at the shop, and he says that the life is like only six months for something like this....hm?? Don't want that, is it true?

Just for reference, I have a Coolermaster HSF right now...not very good to say the least...runs at about 41C idle, with my 1700 @ 1.7.

AMD 1700+
MSI KT333 Ultra
OCZ PC2700 CAS2 256mb
ATi 8500
Maxtor 60gig
WinXP Home

ya, thats what i was thinking...6 months...lol...and another thing...he thot that AS3 doesn't do much to lower CPU temps...hmmm

lol...

but we're getting off topic here...how do i get that 1/5 divider working? I dropped my fsb back to 156 (156/4 = 39mhz ...safe, according to emericana) until i figure out how to do it.

once u hit 166 it kicks in automaticly , or @ least its suposed to.

i know for sure i wasnt @ 50 mhz pci when i was @ 200 fsb , nothing would be stable , and 100 mhz agp come on ?

sis soft is just BS when it comes to pci divider, all it does is divide the fsb by 1/4 or 1/3 as far as i know , if any one eles has a board that has 1/5 dividers and sis soft says that it is working

please let us know :beer:

MSI KT3 has the 1/5 divider and it comes in automatically at around 152. This has been confirmed by someone that uses physical detectors as opposed to software. SiSandra is mis-reporting the situation.

thanks guys...right now I have the FSB at 156....running Prime95 right now...been going for about 6 hours now.

I just need to fix my temps, 54C under load (Prime95) isn't that great. Theres no way I can go to that 166FSB stable with these temps. I've booted into Windows with 166 tho...1.825V, got a screenie from WCPUID. As for my chassis temp...its been at 39C. I've got a 60mm exhaust in the back, 80mm exhaust on the side, and then a 80mm intake on the front. I know, the case isn't that great, I would have preferred a case with dual 80mm exhausts on the back, but when I bought the case, I wasn't planning on overclocking.

What heatsink is on top right now for the price/performance? The Volcano 9 kinda caught my eye...that, or the Dragon Orb 3...the big pull on the Orb is that my computer store:))) has it in stock right now, don't have to pay for shipping.

Anyway, you guys solved my big problem, the divider, now once I throw a better heatsink in there, I'll be all set to head on to 1800MHz +.

running my KT3 ULTRA at FSB 168 w/o trouble. Ran seti all night and burned off three work units in 8 hours... 1.85 gig is sooo nice :)

my sandra says 1/4 divider too...

when I was OCing last night I forgot to turn down my AGP bus from 4x to 2x, hmm I wonder if I could go higher :) *evil grin*

I Have a KT3 on the way .. Woot ..
Doesnt that Fuzzy Logic thingie show the pci and agp speed ??
if so is it accurate ??

TBH i thought the msi kt3ultra was nice till i realised vcore only goes upto 1.85 and same with vdimm:/
Im also not sure if the temp reading is correct...my epox 8ka3 mobo reads temps exactly 10c higher with same heatsink and cpu combos,ones a agoia 9 the other a y 2000

Im a water cooled kinda guy so I always have a temp probe directly touching the core ..

My concern is an accurate clock speed for the pci and agp ..

Heh, the really funny thing, is i just unlocked my 1800+ runnin at 166. Checked sandra to see what apg and pci were running at, and i got scared. luckily i found this thread at the top. thanks!

Back