• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

server help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes I can, its actually very easy.
Just go to multiplayer\start new multiplayer game
then hit all your tabs
make sure you deselect your NG stats logging
Name your server and advertise it
then select dedicated and start
then go to find multiplayer games and you should see your self
password protect yourself and require one for players if you want. just fool around with the settings and you can do a lot.

You need a lot of bandwith to get a good non laggy game going with 12 players, and its not really fair to play on your server, better to dedicate a machine and jump on
Hope this helps/what you want

sounds easier than i thought

Also I heard I need to open a port on my router (3com 3C510) since it has a built in firewall and i guess i can figure that out.

Password protect what the drives and folders or game folder?

yes you need to open up you router, thats a pain but trial and error will get you there

Check this site out : http://unreal.epicgames.com/
Check out the bottom left under "Unreal 1 server tips"

What I ment by passwording was that you dont want to leave UT server admin rights open and out there. people will exploit
As you start getting into it you will figure it out

You can also password server access so that only your select few can get into the play, this keeps the load down and the botters/rude boys off

I too was confused when running a UT server. I've done it and even know alittle about how to make it work better. for example setting up correct speeds for your upload speed. Let me know if u still need help i can walk u through it.

AZN

Ok here is what i have so far.
I have set up everyting and have an ip address / port . I have it so you need a password to access it.
1st question: I can access it from another computer within the LAN but i hope others can get in without me opening ports through the router?
2nd question: I am not sure what settings to change to allow it to not wait for other players to enter before going by the preview of the map?
3rd question: After a game does start how do i get the remainder of the players to fill in with bots? If a game is in progress can a person enter and take the place of a bot.
4th question: Is it possible to have only one player enter and play by himself if noone is around?

I did figure out to access my remote access panel through internet explorer. Also how else do I let friends find this server besides opening a location and entering the ip address?

I can access the server from within my LAN with a the ip address assigned to the server by the router but not the ip address given to me by the ISP.

ip address: 24.29.54.175:7777

Last edited:
Back