• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Phanteks launches Enthoo Pro 2 Server Edition Chassis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Capture-Cropped-5.jpg
Phanteks has just launched its latest chassis, the Enthoo Pro 2 Server Edition. Built on the Enthoo Pro 2 platform, the Server Edition allows for up to 11 PCI devices for massive computing capability. Additionally, there is SSI-EEB motherboard compatibility and room for multiple storage devices. Two versions are available, a solid side panel model with an MSRP of $159.99, and a Tempered Glass version for $169.99. The Enthoo Pro 2 Server Edition chassis is slated to be available sometime this month.
Click here to read more!

Neat idea, but apparently only a "compute" server, I didn't see that much room for additional HDDs. I'd consider 10 drives minimum to quality for a "server" chassis.

edit: I see one screenshot that has about 8 drives in there, I assume those are normal 3.5'' HDDs and not 2.5'' SSD-size. So not bad, but I guess I'd need to see if it has any sort of a backplane or anything to help power the slots and such as well.

double edit: found this elsewhere:
"For storage capacity, there are no compromises with up to fifteen drives including four 3.5″ HDDs and eleven 2.5″ SSDs plus this capacity can be increased up to 21 with additional HDD cages sold separately."

Overall not bad, especially for a tower-shaped chassis.

Last edited:
Right. I was looking to see how many drive bays it supported but was unable to find any info on it. It wasn't in the PR and the Phanteks website doesn't list it yet. :shrug:

@Blaylock - info is already on their website - https://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro2-Server.html 10x 3.5" HDD/SSD or 11x 2.5" HDD/SSD. Somehow I see there are 13 spots for 2.5", but maybe I missed something. Probably there are no brackets for 2.5" in the additional 2x 3.5" bays on the bottom.

At least in my experience, most clients buy "small" servers with 4-8 HDD/SSD, so it should be more than enough. More often, servers use 1-2 M.2/PCIe SSD, so even fewer SATA/SAS drives are in use.
A typical 1U/2U rack server has 4-8 3.5" HDD or 8-12x 2.5" HDD/SSD bays.
I like the idea that you can easily install multiple long PCIe cards and still have enough space for at least 8x HDD/SSD. 2x 3.5" spots on the bottom may interfere with long PSUs or their cables. In most cases that I have, drive bays near PSU are removed as they cause problems with installation. On pictures, almost all manufacturers show installation without cables and try to install there 1000W+ PSU with all the cables, so they won't have anything on the way.

eh, because of this post, I noticed this https://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-MiniXL-DS.html, and I'm already starting to have (probably stupid) ideas about a PC build

Last edited:
Thanks, Bart.

Glad to see Phanteks has since posted the info. The other question I had was whether or not the case was SSI-EEB AND E-ATX compatible and it looks like it is. This seems like a very capable case for anyone running a decent home server that doesn't want to deal with a 1U/2U rack.

I also agree with you about the HDD cage at the bottom. The PSU cables make it all but unusable. The best-case scenario is it's a nightmare to build in with that bottom cage installed. But to be honest I'd rather have the option than not have it.

Back